Bonneville flyer wheels

GoldenMotor.com

revolucion

Apr 27, 2015
canada
Hello Pat,

love your bike, just insane,
i am building a "bonneville tribute", i find your bike so beautiful, i feel that they represent the vintage feel with enough modern to make them look mean. they really struck something in me.

i finished my frame and fork, i bought a predator 212cc, i want to use motorcycle wheels so i can ride it on the road and get insurance. i was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction on where to find the wheels.

i am still at the stage on finding parts, i was wondering also if your clutch system would work on the 212cc?

thanks!

revo

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey revo,

I am sure Pat will answer soon, but I believe he usually runs Pirelli MT66 80/90-21 tires. I am also pretty sure he uses 21" motorcycle rims laced to his own hubs. Due to the larger rims and wider motorcycle tires, he custom builds forks and frame, I believe he has mentioned the front forks having a 5" clearance. I do not know what forks you have built, but you will have to look into clearances if you plan on running motorcycle tires.

Good Luck,

Gilbert

revolucion

Apr 27, 2015
canada
Thanks!
i am looking for these wheels all over scarp yards.. hard to find.
wonder what is the width of the rear hub. i might just have to buy a sportsman fork.
he does really nice products.

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hey revo,

I am sure Pat will answer soon, but I believe he usually runs Pirelli MT66 80/90-21 tires. I am also pretty sure he uses 21" motorcycle rims laced to his own hubs. Due to the larger rims and wider motorcycle tires, he custom builds forks and frame, I believe he has mentioned the front forks having a 5" clearance. I do not know what forks you have built, but you will have to look into clearances if you plan on running motorcycle tires.

Good Luck,

Gilbert
Gilbert pretty much nailed it. At this point I make the Bonneville frames and forks in sets so no spares available at this time. Rear hubs are 135mm. Good luck with your build and thanks for the kind words.
Pat