GoldenMotor.com

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
i don't normally do this "venting"

after help from The Aleman about modding my 4G from brass bush to bearing
i searched for the bearings needed i couldn't find them locally so i hit ebay
found them an ordered them

they were from china "swearing" they were sent to RUSSIA "swearing even more" instead of australia i'm never dealing with the chinese again!!!!!! only australia an america at least i know my orders will be sent to the right place

anyway guess this is just a warning to others here because now i have a headache trying to sort this out! "swearing"

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I understand the angst, I truly do - I couldn't even begin to remember all the purchase & shipping orders I've made that went astray, both outgoing & incoming they seem to have a penchant for visiting far off lands I've sometimes not even heard of...

...don't even get me started on unholy triumvirate of the three primary shipping "options" here, UPS, USPS & FedEx, each horrid in it's own unique way they band together to seemingly insure customer dissatisfaction.

I know you're venting but jus' in case - TBH, I really don't think you'll be any better off by selecting your purchases by country of origin, the shipping companies are international naturally, the vast majority of errors theirs is some fashion. The remainder, should it be a scam or even just the mistakes of the shipper are not made any more or less likely save for those made in translation - the rest are universal, the failings of humans & computers both regardless of location.

While not usually ending up in another nation - I've long given up trying to have packages shipped directly to my home as UPS tries but usually gets it wrong (assorted neighbors), FedEx often doesn't even try but when they do they get it wrong (email fail notice), USPS actually comes the closest - by dropping an already smashed package somewhere in the yard sort of near the mailbox... or the neighbor's :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I live rural,
Getting anything delivered by courier here seems to be trouble.
And some vendors will not post to a PO Box?
But what confused me most was when I sent a package and I was told I would save $16 odd by splitting the package into two bags?

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi ajoh!

When you order something online at best its a risk. You have to deal with some good and some bad sellers. The bad sellers have all kinds of scams going, like selling fake items, selling items they really don't have, intentionally sending the item to the wrong address so they are sure to get it back and the list go's on. Do what I do, order from two different sellers, especially if it's an item you really need. Also order items before you need them, that way the 1 to 2 months it's takes to get it wont matter. Only order from sellers with very high ranking, at least 97%, these are usually sellers who value and understand the importance of pleasing the customer. When you order an item track it every day if that option is possible. Before ordering read everything on the sellers page. If clear pictures and an explanation is not given the seller is probably not providing them because they want to hide something from you. Do not give feedback until you make sure what you received is exactly what you ordered and is a good item. Once you give feedback your recourse is limited. If there is a problem take pictures and send them through Ebay or whomever your dealing with. Also if you love your MB as much as I do make sure you have backups for anything which may fail. If the price seems too good to be true there may be a reason. On the bright side there are good sellers out there, I've done about 200 purchases online and thank goodness only 2 turned out to be a mistake. And the 2 bad ones were not from China. Hope this information helps. I really do understand how you feel and hope things work out for you.

Dave
AssembleThis

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Everything I have got direct from China so far has been good and arrived quicker than expected.
With very cheap postage.
Postage from the states is ridiculous!
That one of my big gripes.

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
thankfully everything i've ordered from outside australia untill now all from america
has turned up safe within a week normally (archery gear an 50cc hs kits an shifter kits)
i just got annoyed when i found this order of bearings was sent to bloody russia

the chinese dude seems to be honest an very sorry an sorting it atm never the less it
still p*sses me off......

yo Theon where in FNQ are you ? i'm on the sunshine coast but thinking strongly of headin north west (need far less people an a lot more space) i need the bush lol

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I know the feeling.. I avoid ordering from China at all costs because sometimes I get my stuff in 3 or 4 days and other times something finally shows up 5 weeks later. Since I live here in the U.S. it's almost a non issue for me, but every now and then I have to order from outside the U.S. but I get stuff fast from Europe, Austrailia, & Japan, but China, and some of the surrounding areas is always risky about getting stuff on time.

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
i see what you mean davezilla i've always had good luck ordering from the USA
an at home in australia this was my first order from china an never again now i'll stick with what i know even if it costs a little more

I came from the sunshine coast, it got too busy for me 20 years ago now.
I'm in the Daintree, North of Cairns.
couldn't agree more an soon i'll be able to leave here once an for all as it's even worse here now the sunny coast is a joke (an not in a good way).........damn nice area the daintree hmm

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
If I have to go down there I stick to the hills.
Way too cold this time of the year though.
The wife wanted to move down a year or so back, couldn't find anything we could afford to rent or buy.
Got a great place up here for the price of a dump down there.
But you got to like the rain/humidity.
I hope to never leave the tropics, I only go south of Cairns once every couple of years to see family down there, then hurry home.

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
If I have to go down there I stick to the hills.
Way too cold this time of the year though.
The wife wanted to move down a year or so back, couldn't find anything we could afford to rent or buy.
Got a great place up here for the price of a dump down there.
But you got to like the rain/humidity.
I hope to never leave the tropics, I only go south of Cairns once every couple of years to see family down there, then hurry home.
my advice mate is don't let her push you into moving back you'll only regret it
just to give you an idea caloundra south is building a new estate to house 50,000+ more people http://www.scec.org.au/campaigns/caloundra-south/
the rest of the coast is heading the same way

frankly i've had enough of living in a sardine can i need open space again hence why i want to head north, north west an buy a nice sized farm
(hunting, fishing etc)

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Plenty of pigs to hunt up this way.
And some good fish.
Can be a lot of work looking after larger property though.
Had 5 1/2 acres, now on 1/2 acre, much more time to relax now.