Who sells/makes tnaks for the Worksman?

GoldenMotor.com

dv8cam

Dec 15, 2008
Los Angeles
Hey Guys,

I am looking for who can make/sell me a cylindrical torpedo METAL tank like the Indian seen in this pciture to fit a standrd Newsboy frame or a 6" stretched newsboy frame.

I need it with the frame mounts, petcock bunghole, filler cap. I can provide these petcock bunghole, filler cap parts from the stock 50cc tank if you need them.

I would like pricing for unpainted but prepped (welds ground down) versus finished/painted in red.

With Worksman considering the Board Tracker loop Frames, this could be a nice little market for a crafty builder.

Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

jdmpunk

May 4, 2009
ohio
if you want it in mettal thats not a problem its just more expensive. fiber glass is just easer to do. kyle acmemotorbikes.com let me check with redb66 if thats the same dimitions as his bike emale me the damitions and ill send you a quoat

Last edited:

dv8cam

Dec 15, 2008
Los Angeles
if you want it in mettal thats not a problem its just more expensive. fiber glass is just easer to do. kyle acmemotorbikes.com let me check with redb66 if thats the same dimitions as his bike emale me the damitions and ill send you a quoat
Yes, lets go with those dimensions as a starting point. Please price for metal tank, prepped for primer, but no paint. Thanks!

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
That is the same bike I am working on now but it is "Stock" meaning it has not been altered. I order to achieve the look and fit for the loop the two top bars are extended 3-6 inches. You would have to determine (measure) where the cuts were made and how much was added, then apply that to the stock foam.

I have been in correspondence with ACME Labs and they are in the process of fabbing me a tank. I made a foam mock tank that their working off of.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'm also looking for a tank which will fit a stock newsboy Worksman. It would not have to absolutely conform to the space between the cross bars, but could also simply be a round cylinder similar but longer than the one in the thumbnail below. Something like this, but with either a longer filler cap or an angled one to keep the gas from spilling. The one in the photo is from an old lawn mower and is aluminum.
Silverbear

Attachments

jdmpunk

May 4, 2009
ohio
not a problem silverbear i just made one a month ago but i put a tapered tip on it to help fillup the bars but it was for a clevland iron works from the 40ds.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Im just going through some old threads. Funny how just a couple years ago a tank for a Worksman couldnt be found, now those and lots of other parts from lots of different suppliers are available.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
California has a long riding season. There is already a Wiz-in. Many different makes of motorbikes. Maybe we should start going en mass? They have it by the Sacramento Delta and it features a 100 mile ride.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I used to live in Sac off Folsom Rd super nice up there,Vegas is cool too, it will give the Ol" Ladies something do and they have a race track out there too and remember gambling is legal out there we could throw out some bets in different cc catagories