Wanna get together in Southern Ca?

GoldenMotor.com

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
No, I'm not single and lookin'...

The other day I had a few friends stop by while selling one of my babies (1917 Norton tribute)...See flickr.com/photos/krisblake
We had a blast talking about/riding each other's builds.

A few of us Board Track Racer enthusiasts are now tossin' around the idea of forming a club/group that gets together 3 to 4 times a year to show off our tribute/replica builds and meet/introduce each other. A place to nerd out...

We know of people from San Diego, Inland Empire and the High Desert area that want to make this happen.

The idea is to start by bringing everyone together through a web page then organize a meet.

As for location, somewhere between Lake Perris and the Riverside area.

The first meet would be in October :confused: Possibly a 4-6 hour get-together with BBQ'ing and plenty of photo ops. We already have 1 builder (Taylar Cycles) who has committed to going and displaying his most recent builds. We would like to have as many BTR owners there as possible. Is this something YOU would be in for?
If yes, LET US KNOW!
Reply back and we will put something together and hopefully make it grow over time.lafflaff.trk

Thanks!
Kris

Attachments

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
We know of people from San Diego, Inland Empire and the High Desert area that want to make this happen.

The first meet would be in October :confused: Possibly a 4-6 hour get-together with BBQ'ing and plenty of photo ops. We already have 1 builder (Taylar Cycles) who has committed to going and displaying his most recent builds.

Thanks!
Kris
You guys are more than welcome to come to the Sat October 27th event
at Grange Motor Circuit near Victorville where Taylar Cycles is located.

Big Boy Cycles will be there with 3 of their bikes and others coming from
all over.

Yes, there is racing at the track but the day is much more with the
biggest gathering of motorized bicycle enthusiasts in SoCal.

We camp out on Friday night at the track or you can show up on
Saturday morning and BBQ'ing for lunch.

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
Howdy,

Thanks for the invite, I was planning on going.

The purpose for the thread I started was to gauge how many nerds (like us) were out there that would like to see a get-together with no fees and a more relaxed environment where the Board Track Racer wannabes would be. It would be a more simple, quiet setting with no agenda. The thought is to have all bikes in the same area as one group.

I went to the Grange last year. It was really cool to see the bicycles, mopeds and e bikes compete.
It was a very eclectic mix and the emphasis was primarily on performance and racing. (It sucked to see the 18HP gas bike kick'n everyone's butt up until he stalled right before the last lap! That dude was bookin!)

There weren't too many replicas/tribute builds and that is mainly what we are targeting for our get-together. No one would be denied of course!

Again, I appreciate the reply :)

See ya there (Grange) on my new Taylar build (Due to be completed next month) I'm gonna camp on Fri with my kids.

PS. Did you hear about the one at Adams cart track in September? It's on thecabe.com

Kris

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I would like to meet up, but I live in Hollywood and I am not sure my bike is up to that long of a ride. Maybe I could get a ride, I currently have no way of transporting my bike.

But I do love those old motorcycle tribute bikes, and would love to see some other people's handiwork.

Gilbert

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
I would like to meet up, but I live in Hollywood and I am not sure my bike is up to that long of a ride. Maybe I could get a ride, I currently have no way of transporting my bike.

But I do love those old motorcycle tribute bikes, and would love to see some other people's handiwork.

Gilbert
Once we set up a date (October) I will get it advertised. Hopefully you can make it.

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
the adam's race is posted here, too. i put it on the cabe for more exposure.

search "bairdco racing" and you'll find it.

i'd be down to hang out. lemme know when and where...:)
Bairdco,

Thanks for the info and your response!

When we go to these events we should all wear white T shirts with our motorbicycling.com names written in big black letters so we can all "recognize" each other! :)

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
Gilbert,
I'm sure there is someone in your area that will join in on our fun. Just keep an eye out. Is there anyone else out there from the Hollywood area? If so, please join us and pick up our brother in Hollywood.

Dbogue

Mar 7, 2012
Escondido
I'm in San Diego also and would love to get together! I'm trying to get Dan build me a bike very soon... Hopefully it will be done in time!

Dbogue

Mar 7, 2012
Escondido
You mean to tell me he can't slap it together in a weekend?! =O Hopefully he can get it done by the time a meet gets setup. If not, I'll be at the following one. Appreciate the concern. Love the fact that we're like family on this forum. Both good and bad aspects of it haha