Sportsman Heavy Duty Sprocket Adapter

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
$55 for the adapter without sprocket.
I cant see how anyone would try to hack on a stock sprocket onto that beautiful work of art , if your off even a cm isn't that gonna throw everything out of whack .. I finally found a nice steel rim to mount the rag clamp onto I'm dying to get one of your adapters w/ 40 tooth sprocket. /this rim with the stock adapter should last me& my 6'5" 300 lbs butt a month or so... if I'm lucky

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I cant see how anyone would try to hack on a stock sprocket onto that beautiful work of art , if your off even a cm isn't that gonna throw everything out of whack .. I finally found a nice steel rim to mount the rag clamp onto I'm dying to get one of your adapters w/ 40 tooth sprocket. /this rim with the stock adapter should last me& my 6'5" 300 lbs butt a month or so... if I'm lucky
Putting the likes of a stock sprocket or any sprocket with poteintial to fit IMHO is very easy really! Line it up perfect then mark your holes. here is where folks could/usually go wrong? Use a ''small'' pilot drill bit first ''important'' as using a larger bit will walk around and make the hole in the wrong place. A small drill bit will prevent this! After that drill it to the proper size bolt hole.

I have done a lot of fab work in my day. Small Pilot bits help a whole bunch. That trick is the best approuch for removing the likes of a broken fastener in Auto Mechanic work where accuraccy on that fastener will make or break you.

I allways use a pilot bit when doing fab work. It will make your holes right where you want them! :)

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I hear ya G.H. I guess I'm just getting lazy lately & with the condition of my back doesn't allow me to do half the stuff I use to do . So I have to justify to myself in other ways why I should just buy the sprocket instead of making it. Like I prob. would have 15 years ago I wouldn't have thought twice about breaking out the Cobalt "High speed" bits putting a dab of grease on the adapter holes to mark the sprocket "That how
I was taught to get exact measurements that or a vernier caliper" and having a run at it. However today Id buy the new one that fits it.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
Putting the likes of a stock sprocket or any sprocket with poteintial to fit IMHO is very easy really! Line it up perfect then mark your holes. here is where folks could/usually go wrong? Use a ''small'' pilot drill bit first ''important'' as using a larger bit will walk around and make the hole in the wrong place. A small drill bit will prevent this! After that drill it to the proper size bolt hole.

I have done a lot of fab work in my day. Small Pilot bits help a whole bunch. That trick is the best approuch for removing the likes of a broken fastener in Auto Mechanic work where accuraccy on that fastener will make or break you.

I allways use a pilot bit when doing fab work. It will make your holes right where you want them! :)

i found center punching before using a small pilot bit works wonders especially if you dont have access to a drill press.

smemo666

Jun 20, 2011
Chicago
I got you fixed up. Thanks!
HI Pat,,,,
I just received the adapter, awesome, fast shipping, beutifull!!!!!
You are a super fast seller!!!!!!!!
Just a question, what is the torque that you normally use on it? I don't want to damage it by putting to much presure.
Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!

smemo

dance1

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
HI Pat,,,,
I just received the adapter, awesome, fast shipping, beutifull!!!!!
You are a super fast seller!!!!!!!!
Just a question, what is the torque that you normally use on it? I don't want to damage it by putting to much presure.
Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!

smemo

dance1
Thanks! 30 ft lbs for the 3/8 cap bolts. Red lock tite is also a good idea. It won't move.
Pat

Last edited: