clutch pads.

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 5, 2015
Santa Barbara, CA
First, sorry i am asking so many questions on the forum, but this is my first motorized bike and i find the forum to be the very best place to get correct and timely answers to my questions. But this is just a quick question. I am going to buy some replacement clutch pads for my bike, and i have the kind with black rubber and fiber, so i was wondering if i can also use the red rubber kind, because i don't see any black ones of the correct shape for sale. Also, are there any superior pads for sale? Ones that last longer or have more grip?
Thanks!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Disclaimer: Fred is a long time Socal Motor Bicycle Racing sponsor but that is
not why I am recommending these pads. :D

Actually, these are the only ones that I know of.

Fred at CR Machine recently came out with these pads for $20

These clutch pads are metal reinforced and are much stronger than the soft rubber compound used in the stock clutches.

These are the same pads that I use in the super motor.
These pads survive rigors of racing conditions where the clutches are often slipped for aggressive starting at low speeds.

These pads do not deteriorate due to heat and grease used for the reduction gears seems to not affect these pads as much as the stock ones.
http://www.shop.crmachine.com/product.sc?productId=106&categoryId=20

Last edited:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
for most folks, all pads work the same & whichever kind usually lasts longer than the motor