Different Style Tanks?

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
any size you can marry to the carb fuel intake. Can get some cool old world, brass shut-off valves at ace hardware. 1/4 or 3/16 will fit a chinagirl. 1/4 inch can be sloppy and need a small hose clamp. Just my humble opinion.

Cool part of any thing DIY. Your the designer and can splice in a garden hose if ya want one.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
any size you can marry to the carb fuel intake. Can get some cool old world, brass shut-off valves at ace hardware. 1/4 or 3/16 will fit a chinagirl. 1/4 inch can be sloppy and need a small hose clamp. Just my humble opinion.

Cool part of any thing DIY. Your the designer and can splice in a garden hose if ya want one.
What size garden hose do you use? Will my bike run faster? Can you get see through garden hose? Interesting.
SB

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man, I loved the fuel system on my old E150! Could climb in and get to any thing. My car now needs a computer to talk to another computer to say whats wrong but needs a third to translate. My check engine lite has been on for 6 months!

Was thinking about that today Scotto. Could really do a cool filter with a couple of inches of brass pipe or tube and real steel wool and a coffee filter cone at the bottom or some filter substance. With a small magnet for rust? I dunno if rust is still noble enough to be attracted to a magnet.

Was sort of tank and topic related. Hey, I'm getting closer.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I like moped tanks. I have ten or so different styles saved over the years I plan to use on future projects. My first motorized bike sports a Yamaha JT1 small dual purpose bike tank. The other photo shows another one of my bikes with a Kriedler moped tank. Both hold plenty and have totally different looks depending on the desired effect.

[IM

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
I still like my Hodaka tank. It fits well between my knees Check my earlier posts on "poor people have poor ways" Couldn't C&P for you

Last edited: