Another newbie first build.

GoldenMotor.com

aquileus

Jan 24, 2011
Puerto Rico
Ok, I have to yell this just to ventilate my anger. I HATE MY CLUTCH!!!! :-||
This clutch is too loud, I been working on it during the past 3 hrs, I take it out 3 times already does not show any kind of wear like rubing the block. The sounds comes from the back plate, somehow is a little bend and rub the big gear. The second time I take it out the sound almost dissapear, then I was motivated to competly fix it, so I put it out the third time and the results were the worst so far.

Clutch! :-||

EDIT: Feb/19/2011

All the 3 times I take out the clutch, never checked the bearing inside, cause didn't knew how to take it apart and I tought that all of the movement between the big gear and the back plate was normal.

Last edited:

aquileus

Jan 24, 2011
Puerto Rico
After been whining about my clutch! Now I feel much better. In other hand the bike is running good, other noises I fixed was the chain with the frame and the chain with the fender, exept for the clutch is a smooth ride.

aquileus

Jan 24, 2011
Puerto Rico
Finally, today I found the anoying clutch noise, out of the box broken bearing, the clutch looks old too. About the bearing you guys have any suggestions?

aquileus

Jan 24, 2011
Puerto Rico
I miss ride my bike, I bought this kit on ebay, but didn't left my feedback yet, cause at the moment I'm not satisfied with what I received. I contact the seller yesterday and told him about the broken bearing, but still waiting for his answer. In other hand, I'm trying to place an order on bikeberry.com for the clutch bearing, just need to know how much will be shipping cost.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Good luck, by the way, is Spanish your first language? Just wondering, I'm not too bad at it :) Good luck with the clutch bearing, sorry it broke. Espero que puedes regresar a la calle rapidamente! :)

aquileus

Jan 24, 2011
Puerto Rico
Gracias amigo! Si, español es mi primer idioma, si quieres practicar, no tengo problema con eso.
Thank you my friend! Yes, spanish it is my first language, if you wana practice, I don't have a problem with it.

Few years ago, I worked in few countries in Europe, it was a good time to learn other languages beside spanish. I'm not too good on grammar, cause I learned phonetically. But these days with google translate there's no more excuses, and I think is very good and free way to learn other languages, since you can read and listen what you want to say. Actually languages are all about memory.

Back to MB's, the next to project I would like to work on my MB are: a in frame gas tank and a side car.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
What kind of sidecar do you want? That could be very difficult, but at the same time I would be impressed. There are many people here who could get you an in-frame tank. Is your clutch any better? Buena suerte amigo! :)

aquileus

Jan 24, 2011
Puerto Rico
LS614, is funny you asked cause right now I'm in the midle of my brainstorm about this. I like to keep the vintage look. Searching on the web I found exactly what I have in mind:

Before I install the engine kit, sometimes I gave few rides to my daugther in the bike front basket, we really have so much fun,

(my daughter & me)

but it was kind dangerous. After the kit was installed she was asking me when we'll ride together again, no way I'll put her in the basket to ride around. Then I start to look for ideas of a side car.

But the side car will make the bike more wide, for me is a negative point, I think I'll rather like a trailer, is wide but not that much. Something like this one.

(early 80's)

Vintage trailer, yeap, that's it. .crt.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
You should go with a trailer. I have seen sidecars, but a trailer is something a lot of people do, and it is known to be safe and reliable. You have a lucky daughter :)

aquileus

Jan 24, 2011
Puerto Rico
Finally today I fixed the clutch! dance1.

I met some guys today who have the pieces for fix my clutch. They told me about an MB activity the want to do tomorrow. They were talking about break the MB Guiness record. I'll see if I can go.

aquileus

Jan 24, 2011
Puerto Rico
This I went down town in my MB, just to eat a donnut and a coffee, it was nice just been driving around for fun, not everyday I got the chance to do that. Tomorrow I'll try to wake up early buy some breakfast and go to eat it in front of the beach. If I can do it will post the pictures here.

PS. Guess where I'll buy the breakfast?

Yes, at Burger King, LOL.

Last edited:

aquileus

Jan 24, 2011
Puerto Rico
The bad news: Unfortunately was raining, no breakfast for me on Sunday morning.
Today, after work I went for a ride in the bike, at one point a guy in a Dodge Ram pick up, all of a sudden came in my way, I hit the curb and lost control.

Aftermath: a broken coaster brake arm, spilt in 2 pieces and 2 broken spokes.

The good news: I bought a wooden barrel to start building the bike trailer.

Last edited: