I ride with my chips

GoldenMotor.com

ChipMan

Mar 14, 2010
Tri-Cities, WA
Greetings everyone.

This is my first post, so I thought I'd introduce myself a little.

I'm just now entering this community of motorized bicycling after being an on-and-off bike rider for the last couple years.

I work for a chip company doing the grunt work that salaried workers will scoff at. If you take a walk down the chip aisle at any grocery store, see who has the most chips to buy, and you'll figure out who I work for.

I live in Washington State (but still a Canadian citizen), where as I have been finding out, we have some very funky laws regarding how legal it may or may not be to ride a motorized bicycle. Techically, I'm seeing that I may be required to get my bike licensed as a moped. But, as far as I know, nobody else in my area is a rider, so I think the local law enforcement may be a little puzzled as to what to do when they will see me zipping along. So, fingers crossed on that.

I already have purchased a 2-stroke 66cc from Spooky Tooth Cycles. I felt it was a better decisions than the Ebay sellers, as Spooky Tooth does seem to have an outstanding reputation, and they'll actually care about me as a customer versus an Ebay'er who just runs with the cash in their hand.

So, on that note, I'm gonna go and learn some more about motorized bicycling, ask some questions, and work on getting closer to firing up my bike for the first time.

Peace.

cflg