Motorized Bicycles and the Hands

GoldenMotor.com

bmc_az

May 22, 2009
Tucson,Az
I don't know about others but I have problems with my hands and vibration just kills me.

I am an "Old Guy" and know a trick or two for instance Bar Weights, I was going to build some handel bar weights to kill the hi freq vib but came up with a simple solution. A 3/4 by 3" bolt screws into the end of a standard bar just perfect leaving just the head showing! and its heavy enough to kill most of the vib's.

Back to the problem, I want to be able to ride longer than 20-30 min. without my hands going numb.

My solutions so far are the bar weights, foam grips, an upright riding position with tall bars and a well mounted motor. I am also going to build a Tab that can clamp on to the twist grip so I can use my palm instead of griping the bar.

Any suggestions or others with same prob????
BTW are the in frame mount 4 strokes better about vibration??

bmc_az

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Re: MB's and the Hands

my hands and left leg vibrate too,i am working on rubber mounts for my engine.
you dont see a car or motorcycle engine without rubber mounts of some sort.

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Re: MB's and the Hands

I just finished a new mount for my 4 stroke a short while back. I had a similar problem. After changing the engine mount, I have no more issues. HUGE difference. Check out the anti-vibration post in the 4-stroke area. This exact mount may not work for you, but I'm sure you can figure something out. About anything is better than direct mounting.