53cc four stroke for sale

GoldenMotor.com

user48067

Dec 16, 2015
I found this website that claims to sell the 53cc 4 stroke. it's at www.motorizedbicycle.com they give you a choice on the 49cc or 53cc. has anyone bought a 53cc from them. I tend to think that they would be sold out . It's around $300.00

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
KC has built a couple, basically the same, just a little bigger............Curt

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=59998
Yes, I have access to the HS 144F-1G 53cc engines and use them.
They look identical to the 142F 49cc.
Basically the factory just over-bores the cylinder a tiny bit.

I doubt they use a bigger piston, just wider rings I would suspect but I don't know, never opened one up.

The 144F is what they used to make the 144D with an on-board generator.

Did you say someone is selling them for $300?
Wow, that's like a 70% markup!

user48067

Dec 16, 2015
It is the whole kit for $300.00. I was kicking the idea around about getting a 53cc because of my weight(250). I didn't want to buy a 53cc and then have them tell me it's on backorder. Hopefully, someone has already bought one from them. In the meantime, the 2 cycle expansion chamber has been working great on my 49cc 4 cycle. My bike has never been so responsive. I put about 400miles on it since I put the expansion chamber on. It has a unique tone to it.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
It is the whole kit for $300.00. I was kicking the idea around about getting a 53cc because of my weight(250). I didn't want to buy a 53cc and then have them tell me it's on backorder. Hopefully, someone has already bought one from them.
I haven't heard of Motorized Bicycles USA before, I dropped them an e-mail this morning.

In the meantime, the 2 cycle expansion chamber has been working great on my 49cc 4 cycle. My bike has never been so responsive. I put about 400miles on it since I put the expansion chamber on. It has a unique tone to it.
That's odd, but then anything other than the stock can muffler is an upgrade.

The thing is, an expansion chamber is specifically designed to provide back pressure to recover unburnt fuel from the exhaust and push it back into the 2-stroke cylinder...

Totally useless on a 4-stroke engine as they have valves, it can't go back in!
Put a pipe with no back pressure on and see what happens ;-}

user48067

Dec 16, 2015
That's a pretty nifty diagram. The pipe I use is banana shaped. It is not a tuned pipe for maximum output only.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
That's a pretty nifty diagram. The pipe I use is banana shaped. It is not a tuned pipe for maximum output only.
Ya, I love that .gif pic of how an expansion chamber exactly works on a 2-stroke.

With the volume of a banana pipe exhaust should disparate before the next exhaust cycle so you should be OK.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Yes, I have access to the HS 144F-1G 53cc engines and use them.
They look identical to the 142F 49cc.

Basically the factory just over-bores the cylinder a tiny bit.

I doubt they use a bigger piston, just wider rings I would suspect but I don't know, never opened one up.
Oh jeeez, they put an undersized piston in the bore with wiiiidder rings???? .duh.

Put the bottle down KC! laff

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
Any one buy from these guys yet? I dont see them on the "official grubee distributor list" and they are selling cheap, I need a kit fast,and they are the cheapest grubee around.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Any one buy from these guys yet? I dont see them on the "official grubee distributor list" and they are selling cheap, I need a kit fast,and they are the cheapest grubee around.
What guys?
And HS engines have nothing to with Grube, they are an engine company, Gurbe makes the 4G transfer case that fits them.

vatoed

May 28, 2016
Chicago, IL USA
I have used them a couple of times for the 2 stroke skyhawk Kit. One time the order was shipped from Canada though and customs held it for a few extra days before releasing. They seem legit. I would not have ordered if I had known they were shipping across the border though. Customs worries me with engines, they don't like

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
I got mine yesterday,mine too shipped out of Canada. was worried about it being held up in customs too. but it flew right thru on time. However, they did not ship me the 53cc 144f kit, instead i got sent a 2015 model kit 142f 49cc with tapered shaft. They claimed they had the 53cc ones, but never offered to swap me out,instead they immediately offered me a refund on the difference.

Im a little pissed off because the bike I was going to build for some one wanted the 53cc model and now its turned into a fiasco cause i couldn't make good on it. Lost my sale over this whole thing. Not only because it was the wrong kit,but because the time it would of took to play the back and forth game to get the right one would of put me way past my deadline. Oh well, I got another bike I can put it in.

If your looking for good 49cc 4G kits, I guess they got you covered. But at least for me, no 53cc engine made it to my door, good luck to anyone else who trys.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I got mine yesterday...,
However, they did not ship me the 53cc 144f kit, instead i got sent a 2015 model kit 142f 49cc with tapered shaft.

Oh well, I got another bike I can put it in.

If your looking for good 49cc 4G kits, I guess they got you covered. But at least for me, no 53cc engine made it to my door, good luck to anyone else who trys.
Bummer bud, but thanks a ton for the info on the seller.