Internal rattle at high range

GoldenMotor.com

Dnoces

Sep 8, 2011
United States
I have this rattle that really scares me at high revs... my engine and medium range has a nice deep throaty garble, but it seems a little of timing wise... i dont know if this just comes with the engines as it runs fine, i just feel a bit of lurching as it goes along, not a smooth push. However, this doesnt bother me as much as this very loud rattle at high range. its definitely metallic, almost ringing, and I feel it deep in my bones... when this rattle comes the entire frame vibrates uncomfortably. It happens regardless of the clutch being engaged or not, and every one of my bolts is as tight as it can be, this is internal and not the clutch. Im still riding the bike, as i have no other means of transport, but i would feel alot better to know this is just one of those "you get what you paid for" kind of things where its a general problem, or know which part I have to replace. Something tells me its the latter...
:-||thanks for reading!

saul

Nov 6, 2012
N.Ireland
I to have developed this problem, but it is constant all the time no matter what the revs are. the noise is almost unbearable now as the rattle is as loud as the engine itself. how do i go about repairing this?

obesepolice

Apr 5, 2012
irving, texas
Take off the head and jug. Remove one of the pins on the side of the piston with needle nose plyers. Push out the connecting rod and take the piston off. Your needle bearing is inside of the piston. Its really quite simple to do once you see what I am talking about.