Hi from Chattanooga

GoldenMotor.com

adastra

Aug 25, 2012
Tennessee
Hi. I'm Jon from Tennessee.

I've been interested in small displacement bikes as long as I can remember. Have had fun on old sachs mopeds and the like, but I never got around to building a motorized bike till now.

I live pretty close to my job now and I was thinking about getting something small to ride to work to have fun and save gas money. I was leaning towards a moped, but only Tomos seems left in business anymore, and there are no dealers anywhere near here. Looked into a local schooter dealer that does really good service and sells some nice Taiwanese scooters but that's really just not me. I've got a bit of a ratrod bike cruiser I've been using for a little while, but I gave that one to my wife so it's time to put something new together if I am going to run motorized.

Anyway I found this forum and I've been reading it hours a day in the last couple of weeks. It's amazing how much information is on here. Talked to some really helpful people out there from DAX, Venice Motor Bikes and Husky as well. I think I'm addicted. I want to build several different models. For now though, since I'm new to this and need something to get from a to b, every day I am doing with the most reliable set up i can get at a budget I set for myself of around $1000. We'll see if it works. Parts are on order.

Thank you all for keeping this forum full of good information, and keeping it fun.