Hi from Simi Valley, CA

GoldenMotor.com

greenmachine

Jul 11, 2011
Simi Valley, CA
Hi All! I've been reading through the available threads for a few weeks now and I want to thank you all for the loads of information provided. I'm just starting my own first build, but I'm unsure as to whether I should stick with an engine that I got from a garage sale (missing carburetor, exhaust pipe, fuel line, cdi, rear sproket...) or start with a fresh kit to minimize difficulty. I've been paying close attention to the vendor reviews which have been very helpful. Thanks again and I look forward to speaking with you!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hi All! I've been reading through the available threads for a few weeks now and I want to thank you all for the loads of information provided. I'm just starting my own first build, but I'm unsure as to whether I should stick with an engine that I got from a garage sale (missing carburetor, exhaust pipe, fuel line, cdi, rear sproket...) or start with a fresh kit to minimize difficulty. I've been paying close attention to the vendor reviews which have been very helpful. Thanks again and I look forward to speaking with you!
Hi, if you are in Simi Valley you have it made as PistonBikes.com storefront
is right there.
Have you been to their bike shop? I have been there once and they have a
great selection of parts plus being able to touch the merchandise can not be beat.
I would be there all the time if it wasn't over 60 miles away.

how much did you pay for the engine?

greenmachine

Jul 11, 2011
Simi Valley, CA
I'm actually headed there today, I'll let you know what I find. The engine was a gift from my dad who found it at a garage sale in Simi. I dont think he paid more than 40. So at this point i haven't spent anything.

P.S. My bike is a 100 year anniversary schwinn that I rebuilt and repainted.

greenmachine

Jul 11, 2011
Simi Valley, CA
so I checked out the storefront and it was pretty cool. They had several motorized bicycles on display and the staff was very helpful. There was also plenty of stock on hand. Cool place!

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
Lucky Man!

I'd say for me that a kit is helpful because everything comes in one but I had a friend put the first incarnation of my bike together and now I'm deep into actually building up the bike and replacing a motor.

I'd say easy first and find your interest level. Warning : you may get really into this!!