Large seat tube.

GoldenMotor.com

Ursus

Aug 12, 2010
NYC
I,m currently mounting a raw motors 80cc to a gary fischer MTB. The seatpost tube is very thick and the down tube is even thicker. Would i get away with using an exhaust u clamp on both tubes? I just want to make sure the engines foundation will be strong.

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
I am building mine on a similarly thick frame
Even the seat post needs a large frame adapter

the front tube needed one of Sick Bikes adapters, which does use an exhaust pipe clamp

It would b easy to use an exhaust clamp only by simply drilling holes to match the mounting studs and then using either the supplied U bolt , if it will fit, or a larger version of the clamp that comes in the kits
http://www.custommotoredbicycles.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/IMG_1200.28784829_std.jpg

Because my frame is aluminum i wanted as much mounting surface as possible so I substituted one of those clamps and used two bolts to mount Sick's mount

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
I used that set up for the large seat post
It would work on the typical large front tube on most new cruisers

For the back I substituted that clamp for the exhaust pipe clamp u bolt in the Sick Bike mount

Sick Bike Parts

You could also just drill the clamp part to fit the engine mounts and use the clamp on the back side instead of buying the motor mount

I hope you uinderstand that, I'm not good at explaining these things

Last edited: