Just got back from my longest ride yet.

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Today I went on a marathon ride across North Dallas, blazing a trail through 6 city's, looking for adventure. I rode about 44 miles round trip. I rode through one radar trap at 30 mph, and the cop waved at me. My bike was running great hitting 30 mph fairly often.

I stopped at a big bicycle shop 3 towns away and bought a new speedometer. When I came out of the store there were a couple guys looking over my bike. Turns out they're in the motor bicycle business, and they loved my bike, and ask me a lot of questions about how I did this and that. They gave me some of their business cards and email and I promised to keep in touch with them. I wished them all the best and told them I hope they sell a million bikes.

Then I kept going farther from home. At about mile 20 I hit a bump and all of a sudden my bike was making loud exhaust noise. When I looked down I was surprised to see that my muffler had fell apart into 3 pieces. 2 of the pieces were laying in the road about 50 yards back. I hurried back to get um before a car ran over them or something. This was what I found.

At first I was thinking now what, I'm 20 miles from home, but then I remembered, hey I can still peddle. Nothing like a back up propulsion system. These bikes are so great, they're like Rolls Royce with back up systems. I realized I was about 4 miles away from a repair shop that I have a key to. I never knew how the muffler was put together till this moment. I was wondering what the nut on the bottom of the muffler was for, duh. I should have seen that coming. A half a block from my destination there's a Na pa auto supply so I stopped and bought a M6 nut. In order to repair my muffler I had to squeeze the body in a vise because when the muffler fell off, I ran over it and it went oval. After a few attempts trying to get the end cap to fit back in the body I figured out that I could make the muffler body round again by hammering a trailer ball into the end of it. I love working on this thing. After about 20 minutes it looked like this again. This time I double nutted it.

By now I was 24 miles away and burned less than a qt. of gas. There was only about an hour and a half of light left so now I'm thinking about home. I got about 5 more miles and my #1 fuel tank finally went dry so I switched on tank #2. I was still pretty far from home so I stopped at a McDonald's to tank up my #3 tank on the way lol. The sun was just about down when I got within 4 miles from home so I turned on my bicycle lights.

Finally turned back onto my street and pulled into my garage. I don't see one drop of oil on my motor. What a great fun ride. Nothing can stop this thing. Even if it breaks down you just keep on going. Much more fun to ride to nowhere than my motorcycle.

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Boo ya, nothing can stop these machines from getting you home. Even if you have to pedal, at least that's an option. Great tip with the hitch-ball to re-round, at least it didn't get flattened by a Semi, lol.

Great story of a good haul, thanks!