worn rear cogs?

GoldenMotor.com

reclaimer

Oct 8, 2009
pa
Shift kit equiped. engine stutters, bike shimmies and pulls to the right a bit.

Happens randomly under power. Dosent do it in 6th gear, I can wind it right out and its nice and smooth.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Have you checked the tension of your rear spokes lately? Or perhaps the rear axle nuts for tightness? These things have a tendency to cause that, not so much worn cogs...they skip. You may also check the jackshaft mount for tightness, in that, make sure every thing is tight and true.

Last edited:

reclaimer

Oct 8, 2009
pa
I trued the wheel best I could a couple months back, so spokes should be good. I'll check all that other stuff and the spokes aswell.

My 1st thought was the intake. It's cut and joined together with hose. I was thinking fuel was collecting in there, until it dripped in. causeing it to miss. Since it dosent happen in 6th at all, I can rule that out I guess.

thanks for the input.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The carb may need a little tuning as far as the stutter, but it sounds more like an alignment issue to me. Make sure everything is aligned and tight.

reclaimer

Oct 8, 2009
pa
sorry to dig up an old topic. never found anything wrong with the wheel. every thing seemed straight. think I've finally sorted it, replaced the peddle chain with nice kmc chain. seems to have fixed it.

The chain was comming off left an right till I got the jump stop set up right. I think while the jump stop was keeping it on the chain ring, it was still poping off and back on causing the problem.