what do i do with my new hobby

GoldenMotor.com

linwood68

Feb 11, 2010
santaclarita
well i just bought a new 66/80 cc flying horse and i installed it looks great and i am very excited and it wo'nt run it has good spark, compresion ,and i belive gas for the plug is wet .then i bought a new plug and tried that .no go i just do not get it .i also tried different feul mixtures 16:1,20:1,24:1 every time flushing the system and starting with a new plug any way can any one help or does any oneknow of a repair shop i can bring it to in the los angeles area thanks for any info you can give:-||

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
Here is an idea. This happened to my friends bike too. I told him to check all of the engine hardware to see if anything was loose. Sure enough some of the bolts were loose. When he snugged everything up it ran perfect. I would check all of the bolts holding the engine together as well as the nuts on the head. Don't forget to check the screws on the carb (minus the idle screw) and also make sure the carb is mounted tight. I think a lot of kits come shipped with loose hardware so it is good to check everything. Oh and be careful not to over tighten, you could strip something.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I see this often: A guy comes here, asks a question and gets several helpful replies then you never hear from him again. I wish more folks would respond to the offered assistance and at least let us know if we helped or not. I realize that not everyone has the time to check in here every day as some of us do and this gentleman only posted yesterday but I'd still like to see some response. Any thoughts on that, members?
Tom

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I see this often: A guy comes here, asks a question and gets several helpful replies then you never hear from him again. I wish more folks would respond to the offered assistance and at least let us know if we helped or not. I realize that not everyone has the time to check in here every day as some of us do and this gentleman only posted yesterday but I'd still like to see some response. Any thoughts on that, members?
Tom
I would have to agree with you Tom. It would be nice for them to reply and let us know if we helped them or they had something all together different that would teach us something new.

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
I must say the instant email notification is very intermittent, at least for me, so sometimes it takes me a while to come back and see if there are new responses. Hints?

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Replies back are beneficial because they verify which information has helped or failed to help. These results help to organize potential solutions in order between most likely and least likely solutions to given problems. In this way the whole community is served and enriched. On a personal level it is kind of insulting when the "asker" never gets back in touch, in effect (he) asks for other's time but is unwilling to take a few minutes to give thanks. That is just personal opinion it's neither right, wrong, good or bad.
*edit I am sort of old school about that kind of thing.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Maybe theyre still riding around ,I dont have comp. access in my car either so I'm sure I wont have it on the bike

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Really enjoying this thread. Some great thoughts and thunks. Always learn from you folks.

maybe all those people take our advice, and they go to start their bike up and it explodes, killing them.

that'd be a good reason not to reply back...
laff 2 funny Baird