New Guy

GoldenMotor.com

Harvey

Jan 10, 2010
Massachusetts
Hello all.
I ride motorcycles but I have never owned a motorized bicycle. I do ride a bicycle on occasion.
Motorized bicycles seem to be a fun hobby.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello Harvey, welcome to the forum we are glad you joined us.

Been riding motorcycles ever since I was big enough to toss my led over one. I have just as much fun on a motor assisted bicycle.

.wee.

Cannonfish

Apr 10, 2009
Maryland
Harvey, this is an incredible hobby. Take the plunge, buy a kit and get into it. The satisfaction of riding something you've built yourself, largely out of parts you scrounged from your basement, will blow you away.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. You can tinker. You can customize. You can just ride. Lots of fun per dollar.
I rode motorcycles until I went into the Marines.

hayneseeee

Jan 15, 2010
punta gorda,fl
I purchased a Grubee Skyhawk 66cc engine and a Micargi Pantera beach bike. It took awhile but the motor is mounted. I had to make a special mount for the front. I'm into the sprocket and the first time I assembled the chain touched the fat tire and fender.I'm getting ready to remount the sprocket after adding spacers but the brake arm does not reach the locking nut so I will have to rig something up. This my first time. Everyone tells me the seller should have supplied the right parts to put this together. My question is each step appears to be a small adventure. Is that normal ?

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
Welcome harvey. I ride MC's too, but there is just something bout' thees lil MB's that put a grin on yer face. Once you build one, you'll want to build more. I bought my first motor kit in October. Wanted to put it on my K2 MTB, but just didn't think it would work, so ended up going to Kmart and gettin a schwinn riverside.Built that, and was riding when my friend decided it looked fun so he purchased a kit, and we ended up putting it on a lil tiny 20 in lowrider. I was convinced that I could put a motor on my K2 now, so had to buy another kit. I gotta say that was by far the easiest build I have done,lol. Now I have another kit, and I am looking for a cool road bike. This hobby seems hard and confusing at first if you don't know much about motors. I know I was real overwhelmed at first, but after installing a kit, and reading around this site, you'll be tearin your motor down, makin it faster. Good luck on your build.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I purchased a Grubee Skyhawk 66cc engine and a Micargi Pantera beach bike. It took awhile but the motor is mounted. I had to make a special mount for the front. I'm into the sprocket and the first time I assembled the chain touched the fat tire and fender.I'm getting ready to remount the sprocket after adding spacers but the brake arm does not reach the locking nut so I will have to rig something up. This my first time. Everyone tells me the seller should have supplied the right parts to put this together. My question is each step appears to be a small adventure. Is that normal ?
Welcome to the forum hayneseeee, glad you joined us.

I have built a few Pantera's. The Pantera's I built did not have fenders, but most bikes built with fenders may need the fender trimmed to clear the chain. Sometimes to clear the chain from the tire all it takes is to flip the sprocket over. Be sure to beef up the fender mounting brackets because they usually break.

It's impossible for these kits to fit every bike so you may have to do a few little things to get them to work.

Attachments