Problem with rear sproket mount

GoldenMotor.com

Lawman44

Dec 25, 2013
New York
I have a Micargi Tahiti single speed and I fitted the rear sprocket to the tire before mounting it and it fit snug over the hub however when I put the rubber gaskets on and tightened the sprocket down the rubber gaskets wont squish enough and the sprocket wont set all the way around the hub. I put the dust cover back on after grinding it down a bit and the metal arm I(I dont know what its called) I guess its for the braking system wont lock down with the dust cover installed any suggestions??

60weight

Sep 15, 2011
Dallas
On my Micargi I made the center hole on 44 tooth sprocket big enough to fit over/around the dust cover,the brake lever You need to bend a little to fit without rubbing the bolt heads.Your rag joint...did You use one rubber gasket inside the wheel under the spokes around the hub? (must cut to git it on)

Lawman44

Dec 25, 2013
New York
Yes I have the inner gasket and outer gasket on and everything is mounted without the dust cover but the gaskets are so thick that the big sprocket doesnt seat itself on the hub its about 1/16" away causing the dust cover and brake lever unable to fit together so I eliminated the dust cover . The only issue I had with the sprocket is that being it didnt seat itself it was hard to center it while tightening all the bolts it took me three trys. Right now my brake lever clears all the bolt heads, they just made the gaskets to thick for our micargis.