can't find an answer then ask here someone may be able to help!!

GoldenMotor.com

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
ok I have a astra bike and having a hard time bolting the sprocket on there are more spokes than a regular rim and the bolts don't go like the other ones they hit spokes and you cant get the sprocket centered any suggestions and this is a 7 speed bike hand brakes

edwardc

Nov 19, 2014
nevada
any one have an idea on a front brake set up for this bike ??
i managed to get it for less then the asking price

now i need to find a disc ? brake for it otherwise its a freaking death trap

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
what kind of bike??? if its a new bike the rubber they use is like rocks try finding some new old stock brakes at your local bike shop the older brakes were the gum rubber and wore out fast but stopped faster if your looking for a disc brake set up try e-bay there is quite a few but you will need to by a bracket and get a hub adapter for it just look on e-bay I found a few and there really reasonably priced the best thing is to find the soft gum rubber pads they really work

Hg3223

Mar 3, 2015
Indented head
Hello any one can help me
I have fixed a few small problems already
New ngk spark plug
New spark plug cover
Fits like a glove and worked really well for a few days
N O W
When I engage the clutch rear wheel locks completely can't roll it backwards or forwards at all
I can lift the bike and turn the wheel by yanking!!! it
But noticed the small clutch doesn't turn??

edwardc

Nov 19, 2014
nevada
Drbs
the bike i was referring to is the white one i posted other pics of
its lacking a brake set up so not sure how the orig builder rode it unless he just jumped off it
LOL

i am going to post some new pics in hope of getting some better ideas.
one thing i am confused about is why the carb has Two cables running to the top
one is throttle that much i am sure of
but the other is hooked up to a gear shift lever from a Mtn bike ??

since this is my first time messing with a NON vintage whizzer bike i am confused

thanks all
for any help

edward c

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Hello any one can help me
I have fixed a few small problems already
New ngk spark plug
New spark plug cover
Fits like a glove and worked really well for a few days
N O W
When I engage the clutch rear wheel locks completely can't roll it backwards or forwards at all
I can lift the bike and turn the wheel by yanking!!! it
But noticed the small clutch doesn't turn??
If the wheel can turn at all, Its not a jammed chain. You could have a seized piston and the clutch is slipping just enough to let you turn the wheel a little. Take the chain off, remove the spark plug then try turning the engine over by turning the drive sprocket. It should turn easy.

Rakprew

Mar 13, 2015
Kansas City
New to the forum. Put the motor on the bike and it worked great for a week. Now it won't start. I don't think it's getting any spark. I changed the plug and the spark plug wire and boot. Nothing. I've checked the wiring and connections and everything looks good. Any thoughts? I don't have an ohm meter either.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
is there a white wire??? it should be taped up by its self if it hits the motor it will short out the magneto coil you should only have the blue to blue and black to black well you already said no ohm meter you need to borrow one check the ohms between the blue and black wires coming from the motor disconnect from everything the ohms should be around 382 ohm you can get a meter at walmart for around 8.00 or at any auto parts store you really need to get one there very helpful in diagnosing problems

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
yes it makes the power for the cdi you need to check it before replacing it like I said you need a volt ohm meter to check it borrow or buy one the ohms should be around 382

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
Jaguar says if you port a 48cc and raise the compression you need to install a new needle bearing at the wrist pin. I put a 50cc hi hi head from treatland on a motor that previously ran pretty weak but very smooth. and now it sounds like something is rattling in the engine at idle and and any speed and it vibrates like crazy at the now higher rpms its able to get to. will the needle bearing from piston bikes make that go away or will i have just wasted my money?

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
So if the magneto is shorted out does it need to be replaced?
A quick test would be to, take out plug, Plug it back into boot, lay it on engine head for ground, give it a kick and check for spark. If the plug is grounded good you will get spark, unless the COIL is bad. PLEASE FOLKS, get the guy started in the right direction by intsructing on the proper use of names for parts. a coil is not a magneto. The MAGNETO is the oblong spinning MAGnet inside of the COIL.
fatdaddy.usflg

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
xct2the magneto coil is the part that produces the power also called the stator the magneto rotator is the magnet and you cannot test that way and say its the mag coil or the cdi you HAVE to use a volt ohm meter to determine which it is unless you want to sit there and buy part after part and spend more time waiting for the part and the time it takes to replace the part. just buy a cheap volt ohm meter and test these parts the right way!!!!!

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
xct2the magneto coil is the part that produces the power also called the stator the magneto rotator is the magnet and you cannot test that way and say its the mag coil or the cdi you HAVE to use a volt ohm meter to determine which it is unless you want to sit there and buy part after part and spend more time waiting for the part and the time it takes to replace the part. just buy a cheap volt ohm meter and test these parts the right way!!!!!
But ya gotta admit that the mag or CDI rarely go bad and not nearly as often as the coil. 99 out of 100 times IT'S THE COIL. If I get no spark on my bike I put on a new coil and RIDE. YEAH, YEAH. The right way is to test everything. yer right about that. But, Coils are only about $10 and ya should have a extra one on hand anyway. How many bad CDI's have you really seen. I've been in the MB business over 10 years and built over 100 MB's I've seen maybe 2 bad CDI's in all that time. So it does happen, just not very often. And a magneto can only go bad if it looses it's magnetism, which is very rare.
fatdaddy.usflg

matt2039

Apr 10, 2015
lock haven pa
Just installed sbp shift kit the deluxe kit.i rode it a couple of blocks then parked it .the next day as I was trying to get it started the right side chain popped. After inspection I noticed the left side sproket was missing the key and now I can't seem to remove that sproket.the sproket turned a lil so now the groves for the key are not aligned. To keep this short whst can I do to remove that sproket? Thank u so much for your time and any advice is greatly appreciated