50cc skyhawk engine Spark Plug

GoldenMotor.com

CruzinSTL

Apr 5, 2016
St. Louis, Mo
I just installed a 50cc Skyhawk on an older cruiser bike frame and it is working great! Just one thing, I would like to have a second plug just in case this one gets fouled. Problem is, i cant seem to find one that fits in my motor. I have looked on line for one that will fit but it keeps telling me the NGK C7HSK will fit my motor but it wont, it is too small. Any advice on how to find the correct spark plug.

Note: I took the plug to auto zone, checkers auto, and O'Rileys and they could not find any information on it.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I can't remember what they are off hand and mine is 66cc although I'm sure they take the same plug. Just use the search feature here and you'll find it easily. And it's a good idea to go with a good plug instead of the stock supplied Grand Master or whatever its called.

welcome to the forum and good to hear you got it running well.

CruzinSTL

Apr 5, 2016
St. Louis, Mo
Chaz- Thanks for the info! I didn't realize how fun these bikes are! I had a motorcycle a couple years back and this gives me the excitement of the bike but on a slower scale!! haha! But they are definitely fun to ride!!

Cruzin

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Ha Ha, Same here. These things are so much fun to ride. I just checked my toolbag and I use the NGK B6HS and the B7HS. I think these are the most common.

ride on

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Go back to O'Riley's and tell them you want an NGK B-6 HS. I guarantee it will fit and work just fine in your engine.

Don't let them try to sell you one of those over priced iridium plugs either. They'll only benefit you if you plan on putting a hundred thousand miles on your engine before a plug change. But, it will make O'Riley's and NGK happy that you bought one. $2.00 verses $9.00. Your decision.

If you're using that plastic spark plug boot that comes with most engines you'll need to replace it with an automotive quality boot. You'll be better off but you'll have to use a plug with the top cap installed. Not one with just the threads showing.

Tom

Last edited: