My 79cc Predator Motor Assisted Bicycle Update with pictures STAY TUNED!

GoldenMotor.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Hello, this is my follow up post and many of you have been very helpful with aiding me on my pred build. I found a nice bike today, need to get a rear brake. I test fitted the pred in it and it seems like it will fit good. I haven't gotten my mounting plate in the mail yet but it will be here soon. What size bolts do I need to mount the engine to the plate?(the bolts that go into the underside of the block..I'm assuming 5/16" fine thread...for those of you who have done pred builds...they've got to pretty short in ,length I know that for sure! I'll probably use allen bolts) I changed the handlebars on this immediately, the welds all over are VERY solid, everything is steel. The rims spin nice and true as well. Bought it off a buddy for DIRT cheap. If I can't get this frame to work, I can always buy another bike....HOWEVER, as persistent as I am, I don't quit that easily. As mentioned before...I don't think I'll have too hard of a time getting it in there. I haven't cleaned it up yet so it's a little dirty, doesn't have to many scratches, but they are there. I made MY OWN throttle rod out of a spoke from an old bike wheel that was junk. It's the SAME exact thickness as the pred rod..got out my angle grinder, cut the spoke off the rim and then bent it with pliers to fashion my own rod. Bought everything else from the hardware store. That's why my rod is black :p It came from a black bicycle rim. Here's what I've got on my plate so far!

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I had that same clutch on my first 99cc bike... They 'chatter' really hard when you give it the gas!! :(

I would advise using the Noram 'Cheetah' clutch. They pull very smooth when you take off so it doesn't feel like your frame's gonna crack from the heavy clutch chatter.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
I had that same clutch on my first 99cc bike... They 'chatter' really hard when you give it the gas!! :(

I would advise using the Noram 'Cheetah' clutch. They pull very smooth when you take off so it doesn't feel like your frame's gonna crack from the heavy clutch chatter.
Really? I haven't noticed that. I've run the engine with the clutch on there and it doesn't seem to "chatter" It does a little bit when it's idling, but it really doesn't seem to bad. I'm ultimately going to throw and EZ-Qmatic on there, but for now will probably be taking the good ole jack-shaft route.. I've made my own exhaust but haven't tested it yet. My mounting plate should be coming in the mail today, so I'll be able to mount it, run it, and of course.... take pictures!