2 Smoke Smoke

GoldenMotor.com

frozenveinz

Sep 25, 2011
Washington
How many of your guys's 2 strokes produce lots of smoke? My bike smoked alot when I was breaking in and running the Crappy New Crap carb but stopped smoking completely later. I run Pennzoil air cooled oil @32:1, and 20:1 break in.

maintenancenazi

Oct 22, 2011
Asheville
Mine does not really smoke at all, or drip, or smell. The reason being is I run Opti-2 @ 100:1 This stuff really goes along way in "maturing" the humble 2 stroke. .santa

Happy Holidays, James

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Yea, during break in on 20:1 mineral I get the odd person that says "Hey your bikes smoking" lol. 32:1 semi-synth barely smokes/drips though. Haven't made the leap to the Opti-2

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I'm getting very little smoke from the blend of mixed oils I'm running now at somewhere around 40 or 50:1.

...had all these bottles of mix oil that were partly full, so I mixed em all together in a jug, then dumped in almost a full quart of yamalube, which is top quality oil...

it works fine, w/very little smoke.
rc

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Mine used to smoke during break-in. Now, at 40:1, she only smokes if I use the choke during start up. Otherwise, she's a no-smoking vehicle.

Which reminds me of a sorta non-sequitur: the people in the town of Indy barely know how to keep their 2-stroke running, let alone care for them. I've been seeing lawn-care people, and some home owners, using gas-powered leaf blowers that blow more smoke than a hookah full of cheap weed. And one fellow had a chain saw that was belching a black cloud so thick and moist - it left a stain on his coveralls. And he acted like it was all part of the job. What gives?

UriDead

Nov 21, 2011
Madison, IN.
Mine only smokes if I leave it at idle for a few minutes. If it does otherwise it's not noticeable @ 32/40:1 or there about.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I've been seeing lawn-care people, and some home owners, using gas-powered leaf blowers that blow more smoke than a hookah full of cheap weed. And one fellow had a chain saw that was belching a black cloud so thick and moist - it left a stain on his coveralls. And he acted like it was all part of the job. What gives?
I know! I know the answer to that one!!!
Call on me!!!!
lol

Answer is, if it's smokin up a cloud, they know they put enough oil in the gas.
Everybody knows if u run a 2 stroke on straight gas u gonna burn it up quick.

:)
rc

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
My 2 Smoke is devoid of smoking dripping or smelling.....I run a 50:1 mix with Stihl Ultra HP fully synthetic.....now if I can get the rest of it to perform as flawlessly I will be set!

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I've been using Opti2 for the life of my 69cc PK80 engine at 100x1 (90x1 break in). I'm almost at 2000 miles now and smoke is almost non existent, minimum carbon build up too. I don't think I'm ever going back.