2 stroke centrifugal clutch

GoldenMotor.com

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Yours is the pullstart w/cent clutch, I dunno if you can compression start those. If I were you, I would use the search function, cause that's all I'd do.

Try the terms pull start diagram.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
This post just came up on my E-mail ...it's been A long time and.....HOLLY MOLLY!!!...I'm still here!!! anyway in reference to this subject I say that If the system is designed and comes with manual clutch, then so it be. I would buy a new clutch..talk to dealer ask questions and I will learn. Then I have two clutches and if I get the old one going,then I have brand new one on standby.
My system comes with an auto clutch and sometimes I envy those that have manual clutches for lots of reasons.

Dooley863

Apr 17, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
the clutch pads and the flywheel on the chinese 2 strokes are the weakest parts of the whole setup. i got the centrifugal clutch to hopefully use the main clutch as little as possible to extend the life of the engine. as there are many frequent stops in my town.

Skyliner70

May 25, 2011
Colorado
Been using centrifugal clutch for 3+ years without any reliability issues. With a shift kit and a 34 mega gear 1st gear, I can start off on the steepest hill without having to pedal or worry about excessive centrifgual clutch wear.

scotty macbean

May 17, 2008
i am sending this as a sorta "open" message to those who have written me about my centrifugal clutch problemo.. thanks to you , i still have not fixed it but now with better weather here in seattle i will give it some more time... if anyone knows of anyone here in the area can work on these type motors with this kinda clutch i would appreciate it... speedy and happy biking to everyone!:-||.shft.

scotty macbean

May 17, 2008
boy that last message of mine could be read WRONG! indeed i meant THANKS !!
not thanks to you i still have not fixed it!!! GADS ..... a bonehead i yam at mechanics and now at english!!! GEEZE MArgie i think i will just go "cave" for a bit and come back later...

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
Hi Scotty

Its been a long time since I have written about the Cent. Fug. Cl.

What the problem is, is:

There is a spring inside of the clutch ass. that pulls the
center sleeve one direction onto the clutch bell.

When this spring comes off it allows the clutch to kick in and out at will.
(When it wants to)
Pull the clutch ass. off and apart and reinstall the spring and you are
good to go.
Some where on this site or the other one, years ago I did a detailed
thread about how to do it.
I think I might have been helping Goat Herder or someone and he took all the pics with a step by step how to.
Do a search and you should find it.
It is really quite simple, but hard to describe in words.

POPS

Last edited:

scotty macbean

May 17, 2008
hey pops!! thank you so very very much... along with my younger brother (a real mechanic genius) i will take your notes and work on this... i greatly appreciate your advice...:-||

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
Scotty
No problemo.
I searched around and found the stuff I wrote about
the C-clutch.

Click on my handle.

click on stat's.

click on posts by POPS.

Read pages 5+6 about clutch's.

Now you know all about C-clutchs that I know

With Pics.

NOTE: If you Mods want to make a stickiey out of any of it

Go for it.

POPS

Last edited:

scotty macbean

May 17, 2008
Hi Pops... i got to this page and am trying to find pages 5/6 with pics so i will let you know when i get there... about our ages, i was born in 1944. Somedays feels like 1844 but not when i get on a motobicycle!!! As me business card says " Artista Primitivo con Moto Bicicletta"
scotty

Dooley863

Apr 17, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
i got my kit with the cent clutch pre installed. I dont recommend the preinstall cause they dont know what thread locker is. a screw came loose and was tapping the backside of the clutch bell. once i found something to pull the clutch... and put it back together, with 3 gaskets this time, and a gasket i made from cardboard, for the smaller clutch cover, and it ran fine and quieter. rough riding broke the gear off the clutch bell, and had to replace it but still worth it. also i would pay a bit more for the all metal pull start.

with a cent clutch installed you could install a freewheel sprocket on the rear. so when you petal there would be less/no resistance on the drive train. spooky tooth has a nice freewheel/hub adapter/rim for like 130 bucks. im definitely installing that beast.