Caraci bike, first build, help, suggestions...

GoldenMotor.com

Riverdales27

Mar 20, 2015
USA
Well almost got into a wreck physically, but its just my bike luckily. And the guy who looked like was stranded in his car waiting for someone across from me, didn't even bother to ask if I'm ok while I picked up the pieces off the road.

I'll need new rims and a master link for the chain, chain tensioner. It looks like the master link came off the bike and the chain went into the spokes. I thought I would have needed a taxi to transport me home because the wheels wouldn't budge. Turns out I just needed to kick it around so it wouldn't touch the frame. Ride home was wobbly and exhausting.

I'm looking to buy a sprocket adapter now with the new rims. With that said, what single speed rim do I need to buy in order to buy one of those sprocket adapters? Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/qyJTbaB.jpg

Riverdales27

Mar 20, 2015
USA
Bought new wheels and tensioners'. The spring loaded tensioner came in last week but I didn't like how it depressed the bottom chain when trying to start the bike, so ended up buying and arch tensioner. Spent a couple hours trying to figure out how to align it with the arch and with kit tensioner. Just ended up using the kit tensioner which I already bent to align to the sprocket, then used the arch tensioner so the kit tensioner won't pull into the wheels again.

Only thing with this is if I have to realign to the tensioner to tighten the chains I'll have to unscrew everything.

http://i.imgur.com/uF8AbJC.jpg

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
The arch tensioner can't you just put longer bolt in there to space it to aline with the chain, with washers ?.....................Curt

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
This thread keeps making me miss my Caraci. Knowing what I know now about motors I could make one crazy crazy crazy fast and other than wheel bearings that bike loved speed.

Riverdales27

Mar 20, 2015
USA
The arch tensioner can't you just put longer bolt in there to space it to aline with the chain, with washers ?.....................Curt
The problem is the chain stay is angled/slanted inwards so the arch tension will be to. Already bought a longer bolt yesterday to try this, and roller was at an angle compared to the chain. The kit tensioner I already bent to align previously.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Grab a crescent wrench and bend it to the right angle, a little on top then a little on the bottom till ya get it right LOL.......................Curt