Front mount ideas or prototype plan theft help?

GoldenMotor.com

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Hey so I built the first prototype on the rear of my bike and did not like it as it seemed death prone. In addition the kill switch came up short by 3 1/2 feet. So now I need an idea for mounting it on my front fork there is a bored hole in it if anyone has even a photo of their front rack mount just to get the ball rolling.

At this rate I am to the point where I don't give a care about drilling holes into the front fork. But adding it to the back is defiantly out the question, I am under and over budget so far and still having issues coming across a generous throw out of cast iron bed slat scrap.

Help tanking!

Oh god now I have builders block as well..duh.

Administrators please remove this posting as I am 97% finish from completing a full operation

Last edited:

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Great seeing those threads again lowracer :)
If there is one thing I can say is that, off the line I make a great starter, try being a mechanic with your own business on a bicycle SACKING WAS BAD Ash in a grill ON HILLS. Now I just have a job fine enough for me. At most I can do for my body is be the motor starter.

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Great seeing those threads again lowracer :)
Guess what, I got the clutch modified! Like I want it! I took a threaded black self tapping screw bolt and torqued it into the shaft til it bottomed out as the black screw is not long enough to touch the no. 25 torx screw. When I first installed it the first time I found there was no way to torque the screw down as it had too Much space cause the rear socket lacked a few centimeters. Had to bend out a smaller lock washer screw to clear the square tip in the center of the clutch. And ran fine just need to test drive. It also fell over one time and didn't break anything. But the clutch is covering enough surface

My only concern is the outboard bearing for to strengthen the angle and mount of the shaft/clutch area.

Last edited: