Any Welders For Hire in L.A.? It's Almost Time.

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I think I sold my first motorized bicycle so now I need to weld some tubes together. It's time to get this party STARTED!

No more messing with tiny engines, tiny bicycle frames, skinny bicycle rims and skinny bicycle tires. It's time that I do it "Large and In Charge" and not take 6 months of fumbling around in the dark doing it, like I did before. Super-size me please. LOL

The bicycle tubes are steel. Nothing exotic. dance1

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
If I can't help you?, I'll send you to someone who can. ;)
Thanks Norm. It's time to reinvent the moped....for real this time. LOL

This thing will be rolling on massive 3.50" x 18 D.O.T. motorcycle tires and rims and yet still be able to be easily pedaled. I'm going ultra low and ultra wide. Seat height will be low enough for someone 5 feet tall.

It will be able to levelly mount (using a universal motor mount) a Honda GC 190 or 212cc or 7200 Watt, 9.5 HP, electric motorcycle engine. No crazy mount angles and with no additional modifications to the bike frame.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Intresting got to see what you come up with.............Curt
As far as the electric option goes, all I can say is that we have come a long way in battery technology from just 2 years ago. This is a SLA battery motorcycle prototype from 2011. It already looks like a antique. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
These are the same pavement crushing tires that I'm gonna use minus the electric hub.

I did my Electric Hub Research and now I'm done with electric hubs. They're good but it's just too much trouble to easily maintain what's attached to that hub.......for a single individual. You need a small pit crew just to do anything to the rear part of your bike. LOL

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
These are the same pavement crushing tires that I'm gonna use minus the electric hub.

I did my Electric Hub Research and now I'm done with electric hubs. They're good but it's just too much trouble to easily maintain what's attached to that hub.......for a single individual. You need a small pit crew just to do anything to the rear part of your bike. LOL

Those look like the old Kenda or IRC tires I had on my last XR600 that was street legal. Modern day trials type tire.....wouldn't say they crush much pavement however.......pound it perhaps :D

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Those look like the old Kenda or IRC tires I had on my last XR600 that was street legal. Modern day trials type tire.....wouldn't say they crush much pavement however.......pound it perhaps :D
They are Shinko's and cost half the price for the exact same tire. Compared to any bicycle tire made, these things can crush rock into dust. It's not even fair to try and compare the two.

Speed Rated @ 94 MPH and Load Rated @ 580 lbs, they are pothole killers. LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I am still shaking my head....
I just ordered the 18" x 2.15" motorcycle rims and the 18" x 3.5" DOT knobbies that go with it. It's time to turn the page and move on to the next chapter. I will not take a financial loss on this new bike. No way no how. Those days are painfully over......for good.

I still got's my youtube videos if I ever want to reminisce about the good ole days on that bike. LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I plan on insulating the rider and the bike from the road for high speed travel in comfort and confidence, regardless of the road condition or speed. The high load rated tires and knobbies may be the only suspension that is needed. I'm gonna find out soon enough.