help with killswitch

GoldenMotor.com

oldpot

Jun 21, 2012
MICHIGAN
my kill switch broke as seen in this pic,

as you see it as one wire that goes on the coil of the spring , now i got this new switch for it and i found out its got 2 wires , so i tried one at a time wiring the wires to the black wire and starting the engine and tried the kill switch and nothing happens .even wired the red/blue together and then wired to black and still nothing???.do i need to ground one of the wires ??.i never messed with these wires since i got the bike as they been working great since i bought it .

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
the black wire on the CDI is ground try puting one button wire on black & other on blue

oldpot

Jun 21, 2012
MICHIGAN
the kill switch was already wired up like this when i got it , i even took the old spring and parts and took the new one apart and put old pieces into the new plastic holder and still did not work weird that , i will try again i might have put it in wrong way up as was dark outside when messing with it ,engine is a 49cc china girl about 6 years old .

oldpot

Jun 21, 2012
MICHIGAN
the black wire in the first pic is a ground wire i found out when i touch the black wire to the bike it stops the engine , i just now trying to work out why when i press the red button down it will not kill the engine with the same set up as before, i am guessing the spring it not going down far enough to catch the copper ring in the switch , i just have to keep trying .

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
usually, a one wire button gets its ground thru the mount on the handlebar, while a two wire button gets its ground by attaching one of its wires to ground - you should try one wire to black & one to blue on CDI