Pulled over by the LAPD......for a phot op.

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Minding my own business riding down a side street on my bike. Almost did a California Stop at a stop sign until I noticed LAPD's finest right behind me. Made a complete stop then sirens came on. Cop was yelling out his window asking if he and his partner could take some pics of my bike. Who am I to say no? I gots no M2 on my license, so I said sure, take all the pics you want officers. So I pulled over. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I can't really complain a whole lot about California. I just stay as far to the right of the road as I can, and obey the traffic laws. It's worked for me .......so far anyway.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
lol,nice bike worthy of some pictures,

i wash cops in florida were like that
Thanks much. They liked it. They asked me 99 questions but not one of them was about the 3 HP electric hub on the rear wheel. They didn't even know what they were looking at, and I really didn't want to help them understand. 2 HP max. is the limit in my state. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I've only been pulled over once and I got the pic.

Huntington Beach with msrfan and his friend on their over sized 5 HP Briggs bikes.

Did he get a ticket or what?

The first words out of the cops mouth that pulled me over was, "What is that thing?" I tried to keep a straight face and said, "It's a bicycle with a bunch of stuff bolted to it." LOL

Dobzeh

Apr 8, 2013
Florida
Did he get a ticket or what?

The first words out of the cops mouth that pulled me over was, "What is that thing?" I tried to keep a straight face and said, "It's a bicycle with a bunch of stuff bolted to it." LOL
You must of thought something bad was Gonna happen the 3 times I got pulled over I couldn't get any of them to under stand what it was but I have still yet to get a ticket only warning and I guess they never file them now I just kill the engine and ride in like a bike when a cops drives by fools them every time if you position you legs to cover the motor

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
You must of thought something bad was Gonna happen the 3 times I got pulled over I couldn't get any of them to under stand what it was but I have still yet to get a ticket only warning and I guess they never file them now I just kill the engine and ride in like a bike when a cops drives by fools them every time if you position you legs to cover the motor
I do the exact same thing but these guys were parked in front of another car and by the time I saw them it was too late to kill the engine. It was one of the few times were it was too late for me to kill the noise. I didn't know they were both already sitting in the car, so I just let it rip.

My combined horsepower from both gas and electric is 5 HP. Not even close to being technically legal. Luckily they didn't recognize the rear electric hub. They sure were staring at it though, cause it's huge. LOL

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
it's hard to remember that some cops are (semi) normal people just like everyone else. there's plenty of jerks out there who'll bust you for anything and everything, so it's nice when you run into the ones that act like human beings...

a while ago i was on my little race bike going down beach blvd. in westminster, in a full tuck, doing about 45mph in traffic, and out of my peripheral's i noticed a cop pulling up alongside and pacing me.

even though i have an M1, was wearing a helmet, and the bike is registered, i didn't have the plate on it, i was breaking the 30mph law, and had none of the lights, mirror, horn, etc on the bike, so i figured i was about to get popped.

i looked over at the cop and he had his phone out and was video-ing me. we thumbs-upped each other and i just kept going. :)

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
it's hard to remember that some cops are (semi) normal people just like everyone else. there's plenty of jerks out there who'll bust you for anything and everything, so it's nice when you run into the ones that act like human beings...

a while ago i was on my little race bike going down beach blvd. in westminster, in a full tuck, doing about 45mph in traffic, and out of my peripheral's i noticed a cop pulling up alongside and pacing me.

even though i have an M1, was wearing a helmet, and the bike is registered, i didn't have the plate on it, i was breaking the 30mph law, and had none of the lights, mirror, horn, etc on the bike, so i figured i was about to get popped.

i looked over at the cop and he had his phone out and was video-ing me. we thumbs-upped each other and i just kept going. :)
I gotta get an "M" license, either 1 or 2 will do me. My bike has everything. plate, signals, horn, mirrors. I know I wouldn't be so dang paranoid if I had one.