Newbie 700c question ...good/better than 26"?

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I've actually had my eye on that bike as a cheap speed bike. it would take some pedaling to get it started, but I'm sure the bike could go 40mph stock. could you check it out for me so I don't have to?

please?
No can do, I sold that bike months ago, sorry.

vinnie

May 24, 2009
Washington DC
Hey Maniac,

I have the same build. I'm curious to know what you think of this:

Right now, my thruster motorized bike hits around 32mph with 700c tires and the stock 44t sprocket in the back.

I want to set up a 26 inch Mountain Bike with smooth hybrid road tires with a shift kit and a 66cc china girl. How can I approximate if I will be losing top speed with the mountain bike build? Thanks a lot

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
With a shift kit, you won't be losing anything. In fact, you'll likely be gaining speed as your engine will be turning a lower rpm at a given speed.

vinnie

May 24, 2009
Washington DC
I had read on another thread that the shift kit would increase speed if the china girl had more power. There is a whole thread on this forum about how you lose top speed with the shift kit.

I also am concerned since I will be going from a 27 inch wheel to a 26 inch wheel. Let me know your thoughts

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
fixy bikes have only 2 speeds.... fast and even faster lol

they are very light and very nimble and even with a stock 44 the light wieght of the bike and the larger diamiter tires and thinner tread pattern and low rolling resistance, make it quicker than the standard 26in bike by far !

now a stripped down fixy bike with a 36 t rear good god man !!! thats a 45 mph bike lol

the only problems i can forsee is the lack of suspention .... you give up the cushy suspention for a fast ridgid nimble frame, you go fast and it rides sweet but you feel every little bump. and mabey a lack of breaking power, i know some fixy bikes only have a rear break side pull style, you want to make shure you have front and rear breaks and good ones too help you stop !

Last edited: