BoXer Race Bicycle transformation!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
here is the way i store my battery and my electric motorized bicycle. its just a regular bicycle bag that comes with the golden motor 48v 15ah battery. all my tools and stuff i bring fit in the side pockets and if i need more room to carry other things you just drop out the saddle bags which store in the side pockets. its a really nice set up

Attachments

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Nice Paul. I haven't seen that one yet.
I've been think of a rack I can make for my bike. I don't know if I want to attach it to the trailing arm or weld it to the seat post bar.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Go Mid-Drive dude, it's the way to go! A GNG mid drive kit might bolt right onto your Boxer bike.
I did think about it and I want to keep in simple. My battery will go where my motor use to be. I know mid motors are faster but I don't need it to be a . I want it to be stealth. Having an extra chain will add to the noise.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I got my rear rim yesterday from Cycles US and I have to say I was disappointed in the quality of the rim. It had a seam line and it seems flimsy. Does anyone know of a good maker that makes a wide 2.5" 24" rim with 36 holes.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I got a present in the mail today. I want to give a special Thank You to my racing buddy DMB. Great guy to sit down and chat with in the pits. He sent me a better rear shock than the one I had on my BoXer. When I first installed in. The bike felt too soft with a 750lb spring. Luckly my old shock had a 950lb spring. I disassemebled my old shock and replaced the spring. The shock is 50% better than the original one I've been racing with.
I think the shock should be installed like this......

Attachments

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Does anyone know if it matters which way it's installed? I did notice that the writing on the shock is readable when the cylinder is on the lower part of shock..

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i think it is made to mount either way. better full suspension bikes have different ways to mount the rear shock to get the ride you are looking for. i would go with the way you get the most comfort and the best look

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
When I saw how you had it mounted in the first set of pics, I felt, immediately, that it was mounted wrong. As soon as I saw the second set of pics, that way felt right. After thinking about it for a minute, I feel the second way is correct simply because it makes it easier to access the air cylinder for needed adjustments. I am not a bicycle mechanic so I could be wrong about all of this. This is just my own thoughts.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I think your off to good start. I don't think it matters which way the shock is mounted. Looks good the way it is. Attached a picture of how I used mine, had to modify the spring a bit since it was real stiff. Got a couple more to use on something.... Good friends are hard to come by....D....M.....B

Attachments

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
oh! gee guy's shucks fella's...i really enjoy helping my friends out. just like you guy's help me out. the american way! some people just don't get it, never will.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I got these in the mail today. It's the same ones that Mike B and Paul uses. I'm still not sure if I should use one or both.

Attachments

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Each lamp is a Super 12w led head light that can run off of any voltage between 24-90v. Each light has 4 3 watt leds. If you saw the demo Mike demostrated with one lamp, it was pretty impressive. I'm going to mount them on tonight and see which set up looks better.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Here's how the bike looks with one lamp mounted. The best part is these lamps are easy to install because the forks I have has tapped 6m holes on the bottom part of the top crown.

Attachments

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Here's the bike with two lamps mounted. I'm going make a better bracket that will separtate the lamps a bit more.