Oddballs and Old dogs display

GoldenMotor.com

Banjoben

Aug 12, 2012
N.Y.
Heads up for anyone in the New York/ PA region. The Glen Curtiss Museum in Hammondsport N.Y is having a vintage motorcycle show this weekend. I would have posted this in the general forum, but I think it really would appeal to the BTR crowd the most.
Here's a link to the museums site. scroll to the bottom for the show info
http://www.glennhcurtissmuseum.org/
I'm gonna try and make it. I'll be sure to take my camera.

Banjoben

Aug 12, 2012
N.Y.
Oh yea,
I made it. This got redirected down here in t's proper forum, but I'm guilty of hanging out almost exclusively in the boardtrackers forum, and I completely forgot I posted this. Sorry.
Anyhow, It was a great event. tons of vintage machines including an all original, barn find 1911 one cylinder Indian. the best part is the owner was able to fire it up for everyone! SoooCool.
I'd reccomend the museum as a must see for motorheads. there is an amazing collection of very early motorcycles and bicycles along with all sorts of engines, aircraft, boats, cars, industrial machinery, household stuff from the early1900s and more.
Here's a shot of the Indian from my blog page http://obscuramobilia.blogspot.com/

Note: the owner of the Indian left it at the museum for a while so more folks could enjoy it! He was really cool to me and we talked for quite a while about the way things on that bike were built. I had a blast!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Purty awesome. Thanks for posting Ben.

There is a similar museum in Mass. that has a show coming up. I'll be sure to post. Also some great stuff and they have a sort of flee market for really old bikes. Can't for the life remember the name right now. But very worth the trip if close enough.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Sorry for the late reply Racie. Been looking and can't seem to find it. Some one usually posts just prior.

Will keep looking/asking. Kind of a blast. Ends up being a few folks from here hang out.