The Velosolex - an appreciation

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
They're also probably capable of Satanic Possession, it appears he is doomed to ride it, or else he'd have got rid of it.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I don't care where you live that is funny. Having owned an early Mobylette moped from the late 40's or very early 50's, time has dimmed the memory, I can understand the video all to well.
In the end the drive belt broke, locking up the rear wheel and a city bus who was right behind me damned near ran me down and would have had I not dived over an embankment with the moped. The problem was it was 10pm and pitch dark and the hill was covered in trees. I got to the bottom by the greatest of luck and left the moped there and my friend who bought it the next day went and got it where it sat.

I never owned any thing with wheels that was made in France again.

Steve.

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
I've had a Velosolex a few years ago, restored it nice and shiny. Starts ever quickly and runs smooth. I was really satisfied, but the only thing i've really hated was the throttle. It knows only two positions : idle and WOT.....so i sold that dang thing.....

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
My Aunt had one of those back in the early 70s . As a matter of fact, it was identical to that one. I rode it a few times, and it was very reliable !!
They , my cousins, also had a 3 wheel ATV, a dirt bike, and a real nice Polaris sno-mo.