Pie Trek - The Next Generation: Magic Pie Motor on a Trek Pure

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
lol in these mountains I would have to push for sure because no way I could make it up them with out the help of the motor

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
That's a nice looking leather case you made and most people would not know it holds a big battery. I use the battery bag on my bike to carry other stuff like a multi tool, fix a flat, umbrella, flash light, cable and lock, drink, etc.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
decided my motorized bicycle needs more storage so i am in the process of making an in frame bag to match the front bag and battery bag. i use me bike for work so carry lunch, tools and other things and never seem to have enough room, got the bag tooled and cut out today, planned on finishing it today however i ran out of thread to sew it together, the thread i use is a heavy waxed thread and of course not available on island so i just ordered some and some more skull snaps to close it, i will post pictures when i finish it, i think its going to be awesome and give a nice finishing touch to my electric cruiser

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
yes my fat butt needs to pedal a little. I have a mountain between here and work and coming home its a heck of a long climb and you do have to pedal non stop all the way up it. big time leg burn.
i have the magic pie back on my mountain bike. replaced all the spokes with 12ga stainless on i and having a hoot with it on the trails and jumping every thing that is jump-able lol

tomjasz

Apr 13, 2014
Winona MN
Sorry about the necro post but I found this spot searching for other Trek Pure E Bikes. Coincidentally we lived on St Croix in the middle 80's. Watching your video reminded me of how terrifying driving could be there. We still have friends on island and will some day visit again!

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
wow that was 6 months ago. still awesome, still awesome. All it needs is a pipe holder and a wine rack. That bike looks great

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
tom if you do visit get hold of me, i have 2 electric bicycles and would be fun to get out and ride. i put over 6000 miles on the electric bike last year and you get used to the driving around here on a bike, i live on condo row in christiansted and work at the airport, except when i work a night shift i use the bike to commute back and forth to work