Revisiting Whizzers Past

GoldenMotor.com

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
It's been 7 years now that the last Whizzer book has been published,2005 by Willard Larson.
A New History of Whizzer 1939-1965
there is about 108 pages.you can still purchase this book through Will for $30.00, at POB 338 Isanti,MN 55040. made payable to Willard Larson.
This is a great book to have,it does need more pics of Whizzer bikes,so I asked Ron Houk if I could take some pics from his collection, he said yes.I'd like to start at 1948 with the Pacemaker and go from there.
Fred White is doing a complete history of the Pacemaker in the Whizzer Newsletter, this Newsletter is also a great way to find out all that is going on.
To be continue.

Attachments

Last edited:

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Nice bikes!! I see an auto clutch & a generator in the second picture. :)
Hi jb, the one with the a/c is one of the 650 pacemaker done by whizzer, second one is a 1950's pacemaker
maybe you can post your 48WZ that you got from quenton, would be nice!

Ray

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
what is that red one without the engine? I will soon have my engine back for the green bike from Q because we finally found a guy to grind a Weber cam for me. We got a bunch ground.

Last edited:

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Hi Jay, it's a 1952 Luxembourg Whizzer DE LUXE
it has the Albion 3 speed gearbox, also it is chain drive at the back wheel,primary is still belt, motor is the L-700.
Ron is doing a little TLC and will stay original.

Ray

OH, and for the non Whizzer guys the Monark super twin!!

Attachments

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
Ray, always first class all the way bro! love that stuff. show a little of the indy car to everyone. a real treat for all. dennis

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Ray, always first class all the way bro! love that stuff. show a little of the indy car to everyone. a real treat for all. dennis
Hi Dennis, Yes, hope it's OKay.
This Shrike Indy car is number 2 of 3 made in the winter of 65. First one is in a museum in San Diego. number 3 burned in the pits in Indy.
Tom Medlock did the resto for the Agajanians family, i'm there getting in the way most of the time.OK lets go!

Attachments

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
Love the Indycar pics. The roots blower doesn't look like a jimmy, however it's the first time I've seen this car. The blown Offys I'm familiar with had hair dryers. Definately setup for Indy with the chassis offsets.
About 10 years after this car was built, I was in Oregon waiting to use the dyno, and they had one of the engines for the Samsonite car on the dyno. They were making nearly 1100hp with the boost at race trim. At the boost level for qualifying the little Offys could make nearly1800hp, or more than 10 per cubic inch. It's no wonder that they were "ruled" out of Indy Car racing in favor of the big manufacturers. All that power out of a 4banger designed in the '20s.

Last edited:

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
J.C. Agajanian and Parrelli Jones design these cars but i'm sure that Halibrand
had some influence on the first one. there shop was next door to his.
Parrelli is stopping by Tom's place to give him some history of the Shrike Indy cars. Parrelli and Billy Vukovich Jr where some who drove this car.

Attachments