CB/Mirror Mount

GoldenMotor.com

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Been doing a little research/planning for my build. I have a Dyno cruiser frame that I am going to build up, using a HF70 engine. Anyway, one of the things that caught my eye are the engine/jackshaft mounts that glennbo used on his bike http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=34506. Supposedly the mounts used are either CB or Mirror mounts, used for big rigs.

I have used my google-fu and search the web high and low looking for these mounts. Closest thing I found were some 1-1/8" mounts on ebay. Looks great, only $10 each shipped. Problem is, my seat tube is 1" and downtube is 1.5". Soooo, anyone have a lead on these aluminum mounts in these sizes?

Last edited:

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
I just used 2 muffler clamp saddles, the backing plates from 2 chain tensioners and good quality bolts
azbill, do the muffler clamp saddles cut into your paint? Or does it matter? I've only been able to find muffler clamps down to 1-1/8", I suppose that is close enough to 1". Maybe I could shim the difference. I guess if I used muffler clamps, maybe I could use two saddles together with good bolts, and throw away the U shaped threaded part. That might be a good way to cut cost a little.

Thanks for the idea. Any other thoughts, anyone?