Californians!!

GoldenMotor.com

mikevkid

Mar 21, 2012
California
As a serious question how many of you guys have your bike registered and how many of you have an M2 license??? just a question!!

Ride onlaff

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
As a serious question how many of you guys have your bike registered and how many of you have an M2 license??? just a question!!

Ride onlaff
I have not registered any of my mtorized bikes and I've had an M1 license since I was 16yrs. old (40 years ago). I know the laws and I ride like my life depends on it......and I'm still alive! And yes......I ride everyday......

dnut

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I have a M1, I used to register my bikes but its not really nesessary here in Los Angeles... We've been riding these little bikes here since 2007 & have never been bothered by the police. The only thing LA police want is for us to have a DOT helmet & good lights if you're riding at night; (& the police have told us that).

If you ride in O.C. or Ventura, be prepared to have license plates & a M1 or M2.

I'm sure I'm opening up a can of worms by saying this.

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I have an M1 license, I wear a DOT helmet, and I register my bikes. I also build all my bikes to be street legal with a 49cc engine, good brakes, headlight, tail light, brake light, and horn. Even though I've never been stopped by police, I figure it's only a matter of time as they get more common, for the police to start checking for registration. I put way to much work into each bike to risk getting it confiscated because of no license/registration. $18 is too cheap for me not to register it.

Also, having a headlight on during the day and having a brake light and real horn make my bikes much much safer to ride. I've seen drivers start to pull out in front of me and stop because they saw the headlight. I also give a little toot on my horn when I think someone might not see me as a safety measure. I take my life and health very seriously.

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
I have a M1, I used to register my bikes but its not really nesessary here in Los Angeles... We've been riding these little bikes here since 2007 & have never been bothered by the police. The only thing LA police want is for us to have a DOT helmet & good lights if you're riding at night; (& the police have told us that).

If you ride in O.C. or Ventura, be prepared to have license plates & a M1 or M2.

I'm sure I'm opening up a can of worms by saying this.
VMB in OC that is the truth especially the beach cities, newport and huntington as some of you guys had a ride and experienced it last year in huntington.
I used to live in HB and owned a Harley w/loud pipes and never got pulled over - go figure.

I have an M1 license and thats because I ride street bikes and was covered when I built my mb. My Dyno Deuce has a registered mb plate but I just mount the plate to my macardi 4-stroke when I take it for a spin.

Last edited: