Genesis 32!

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I cannot find anything at wallyworld.com, but I saw a new Genesis bicycle there yesterday with 32 inch wheels!
They are HUGE!
However, the way the frame is designed it would only be suitable for a rack mounted engine, fork mounted engine, or electric. The top tube arcs downwards in the middle, there is no room for an in frame engine.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
There is only one person whom I would trust to TIG the aluminum tubing if I were to flip the top tube up side down, and right now I cannot afford his prices.
I also question the quality of the aluminum alloy. How well would it hold up to being welded twice over in the same area? Hmmm... gusseting for reinforcement?
Still, the idea if flipping the top tube was the second thing that went through my mind after seeing the bikes being assembled in the back room.
The first thing was "hoooleeeycowww"!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
There is only one person whom I would trust to TIG the aluminum tubing if I were to flip the top tube up side down, and right now I cannot afford his prices.
I also question the quality of the aluminum alloy. How well would it hold up to being welded twice over in the same area? Hmmm... gusseting for reinforcement?
Still, the idea if flipping the top tube was the second thing that went through my mind after seeing the bikes being assembled in the back room.
The first thing was "hoooleeeycowww"!
Hey Dan, does your trusted TIG person have the last name of Evan's? Just curious, that's all.....

How's yer bike running? Let's ride huh? :)

.wee.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
it is kind of sad/comical that the same folks who make the little famed H.T. motors don't capitalize and offer more bikes to nicely fit fit with their motors? 32 inch wheels do sound interesting. 32 inch fat tires like a Surly bike would be neat.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Hey Dan, does your trusted TIG person have the last name of Evan's? Just curious, that's all.....

How's yer bike running? Let's ride huh? :)

.wee.
I don't know his last name, but he is one of the few locals that is trusted with welding on fully functional antique aircraft for the San Diego Aerospace Museum and some of his work is also floating around in outer space, satellites and NASA equipment.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I don't know his last name, but he is one of the few locals that is trusted with welding on fully functional antique aircraft for the San Diego Aerospace Museum and some of his work is also floating around in outer space, satellites and NASA equipment.
Ahh, must be a different person than the one I was thinking of.......the Mr. Evan's I was thinking of builds Funny Cars by hand (and machine of course) from the ground up. The maddest of skills some of these builders have around here.....World Class!

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
What's with that top tube? I bet that they hired some new peasants that day and didn't realize until the end of the day that they had welded all the top tubes upside down. Then they said, "No problem, ship 'em to Walmart, those Americans will buy anything!"

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
It is a SAD!! looking frame but the parts would be worth the $$ if you were going to make your own frame and with a frame that HUGE!! a GX200 would adiqautely do well in it, I saw them a Wal-Mart today while shopping with the Mrs. and they were going like hot cakes on a frozen Polar day, sat on one, I'm 6'2" and it was comfortable enough, but MAN! those wheels were HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

BadBoyz

Jul 1, 2013
Monterey, CA
I've got a 32"Genesis with a motor on it. Its a tight squeeze but the guy has the engine in there pretty tight. I traded him my Jesse James West Coast Chopper bicycle with a motor for it. He's the guy who mounted my engine in the WCC. He's pretty good. I gave him $150 to do the work. I like the Genesis better because I"m 6'2"

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
gentlemen
I JUST LAID MY EYES ON SOMTHING THAT BLEW MY SKIRT UP
A freind of mine has a 29 motorized bicycle that I just built him and he has a 32, sooo
he blew a tire on the front of his 29 in a pinch he pulled the front wheel
off of his 32 and put it on his 29.
Then he liked that so much he put the rear wheel off of his 32 on it.

NOW IT'S TIGHT
But frame problem solved
WERE RIDING TO THE BIKE SHOP TOMMOROW TO SEE IF HE CAN GET
A LOWER PROFILE TIRE