Engine Remove & Mount

GoldenMotor.com
Hello, I am going to attempt to remove a motor from another bike frame and put the motor on a new bike, its a ccm nitro XT(cannot get a picture on the forum) anyway, im looking for some tips when taking it off so i dont damage anything( i could care less about the POS bike but i do care about the motor) also any tips for putting it on would be greatly appreciated, and is there anyway i can protect the frame of the bike from sludge from the engine? also can someone link me instructions? also a list of useful tools, thanks alot! SOBD zpt

Last edited:

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
SOBD.

First take everything that goes into the engine off. Fuel line, clutch cable, chain.. Everything except for the throttle, try to take the whole carburator off, so you don't have to deal with the trottle cable.
Next take the motor off, and put it into the new bike. Take your time making sure the bike takes the motor well. make sure it is flush, and done correctly. If it's bad, it'll have crazy vibration, or it'll be crack the frame.
After that's done, take your time alligning the the wheel with the sprocket. Also, take your time installing everything else, Throttle, clutch, fuel tank, chain... That is the time you want to take your time. Don't get excited and be stupis, and just want to jump on the bike ASAP. Take more time making sure the chain is correctly installed, with the correct tension and with the locking clip right.

Hope that all works out for you, man. Just take your time, like I said..

thanks for the help, my father and I are going to get it done this week, going to pick up some loctite, new bolts, and a new air filter along with new fuel lines. one question, do i need a fuel shut off valve or can i just use the petcock i have on it now? the only problem is gas leaks everywhere if the tank has fuel in it.