99cc predator juice any ideas yet ?

GoldenMotor.com

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
One idea of mine is to take an a/c capacitor and put a ring connector on the end of the input wire and attach it to one of the coil mounting bolts. Another is to find a suitable replacement coil with an accessory wire. I know some mini bikes and small dirt bikes had coils with accessory wires, I'm sure that an adapter could be fabbed to mount one up. I posted both of these ideas on a mini bike forum and the only answer I got was a very curt "won't work", so hopefully you fine folks here will be a bit nicer about it and actually explain why either of those ideas will or won't work. I'm not above building my own coil with accessory wire if someone can help me understand how, but the capacitor idea is simpler, less time consuming and possibly even cheaper if it will work.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
I recently found out about those lighting coils, they are designed for the 212 predator, what I don't know and what may not matter is whether they are designed for the stock flywheel or the billet flywheel, but funnily enough I posted to that forum about this exact topic and was told there was nothing available for the 79cc predator because "it's not a very popular engine" and "no one wants to make aftermarket parts for it" so yeah, let's just say I'm not holding my breath for an educated answer from that forum.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
There is some room between the flywheel and the engine, but not sure if it's enough to fit even a small coil. It's like a fan vent or something? I think a wonderful creations mini generator coil would fit in there perfectly, but no idea how it would perform. But a few washers would get it close enough to the magnet for a trial run. Can't believe no one has ever noticed that before. There is quite a bit of room there.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
I'm going to try to get my hands on a tractor generator as cheaply as possible and either run it friction drive off the rear wheel or chain driven off my secondary drive chain. I was hoping to figure out something small, cheap and simple, but at this point I realized its going to require a lot of experimenting and I would rather just go with something thats already designed to put out the amount of power I need and stand up to the force of the engine power.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Found some great 60 amp tractor alternator's on eBay for $57 with free shipping, great price for them, definitely gonna buy one. Gonna remove the belt pulley and attach a 10t idler sprocket and find a way to mount it on the seat tube so it can be run off the secondary drive chain. Just wondering if I need higher amperage bulbs or a bigger battery to handle all the amps these things put out? My leds are very low wattage, 3 to 5 Watts each.