K2 Zed Hardtail

GoldenMotor.com

DrewFL

Mar 25, 2012
Boca Raton, FL
I am thinking about using my K2 zed comp for my build to save money and ultimately use a better quality bike than if I went to walmart and bought one. I can only find one instance of someone using a k2 on the site. Anyone have any thoughts? I am worried the frame might be too small. Its a 26in with a medium frame. I think It would be a pretty quality bike to use for my build, and it would allow me to go off the beaten path a little bit. dnut

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I have used one before. It was the K2 Zed 3.2 model and the frame was a little tight being it was only a 17". Everything worked great until my friend got hit by a car while riding it.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
It does look good. I am also looking to go off the beaten path a bit for a winter/backup bike. It will be a slow rolling machine, with lots of torque, gears for pedaling and studded tires. But I won't be using a K2, unfortunately I'm stuck with a Schwinn Ranger frame, but I'll be using heavy duty wheels and a front disc.

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
I used a medium frame bike the only thing is you might need an offset manifold and trim rear mount thinner.