Opion on clutch parts

GoldenMotor.com

vermhot

Jan 19, 2012
Wisconsin
Hi ,so I've been on here for a few weeks and after the advice that I got from some one on here ,thanks again by the way !! I have learned the answers to most of my questions !!! I have some new questions and I did look for them and couldn't find a strait answer so here goes ,1 How dose the clutch base separate from the clutch bevel wheel gear thingy ??The clutch bearings feel bad and it's hard to turn also !! 2 question The mandrel that holds the shaft fixed pin in ,that pin is bent bad ,so bad that it had oval-ed out the holes that it sits in the ferrule ,my questions is that pin is it sacrificial and if so can I make it out of a nail or do I have to spend 2 bucks and shipping for a new one ???? And the 3 would be the ferrule that the pin sits in can I turn it 180 and just drill new holes in it or will I have to spend the 3 bucks on that !! Either way I have to place an order to get new pads !!!O ya when I took that screw out of the front small gear that star washer was not there !!! And I want to say there is a but load of answers on here just have to take the time and read everything !! I'm am so happy that I had found this site !!Thanks for any help man !!!

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
1 How dose the clutch base separate from the clutch bevel wheel gear thingy ??The clutch bearings feel bad and it's hard to turn also !!

When you pull that thingy :>) on the handle bar, the cable pulls the thingy :>) and pushes the bucking bar in, this pushes the pressure plate away from the thingy :>) that holds the clutch pads, and disengages the clutch

2 question The mandrel that holds the shaft fixed pin in ,that pin is bent bad ,so bad that it had oval-ed out the holes that it sits in the ferrule ,my questions is that pin is it sacrificial and if so can I make it out of a nail or do I have to spend 2 bucks and shipping for a new one ????

Drill hole out and insert a split pin (may need to grind length to fit correctly).

3 would be the ferrule that the pin sits in can I turn it 180 and just drill new holes in it or will I have to spend the 3 bucks on that !![/QUOTE]
If you are talking about the clutch arm shaft, twist, and pull up. Repair the hole and replace the arm.

Which bearings feel bad..the clutch shaft bearings (2 on the shaft) or the clutch disk bearings (Something like 52 bearings).

Last edited:

vermhot

Jan 19, 2012
Wisconsin
Ya the 52 bearing thing is what I was talking about in my first question... In question 3 I referring to the rear spring retainer that will be held in with the split pin .thanks that is a great idea man !!!

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Are them 3 dowels so-posed to be hammered out ???!
No, but the large clutch gear is not easy to take apart and replace the bearings. I believe they are pressed together (I have yet to take one apart with a hammer and vise). I'd remove the gear, remove the clutch pucks, clean well, and grease with wheel bearing grease applied with a syringe. You can use your finger. Wipe well removing any grease. If that doesn't fix them, I'd buy a new gear. That's my opinion....

Here is a break down of a HT.
Chinese HT breakdown pictures by Ron-Becker - Photobucket

Last edited:

vermhot

Jan 19, 2012
Wisconsin
Ya that's what I was thinking about doing ,I mean that gear is really hard to turn and them bearings sound really bad !!! And I'm not kidding !Thanks for all your help !!

vermhot

Jan 19, 2012
Wisconsin
There is a machine shop down the road from me that I had thought about having them pres it apart , I was just going to replace the bearings in it !! Or do you know of an cheaper way of doing it ???!!!

vermhot

Jan 19, 2012
Wisconsin
rmflaI got it apart !! I put some WD40 on it and a block of wood and used a drift and tapped it out with a ball-peen and came right out ! The bearings look black even after I cleaned them up ?? Must have gotten real hot and the race has a grove deep enough that my finger nail can catch on it ,so I think I will just replace the whole thing and at-least I know how it comes apart now !!!!