parts is parts

GoldenMotor.com

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
Hi all, I just started to lay out my spare parts to see what can be done about my lack of speeding tickets, I have a pile of 2 stroke chain saws so I tor open the smaller one-size and make unknown- it has a reed larger then the one I MOD-ed on to my China girl from a 50cc. Suzuki- a larger piston 2in. wide shorter skirts a flat top and lower wrist pin- the head looks like a 66cc. slant in size and shape flat deck with a 1 1/4in. wide 1/2in. deep chamber. I think I can do something with this. I'm going to need some pipe to hone out to make a cylinder sleeve I hope the old Suzuki 50cc. rod is a match for the piston as the chain saw's rod is to short to use with the 66cc.

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
ok so the transfer port runners are going to be problematic as the sleeve will be cut deeper into the jug so the runners will have to be opened up into the jug and the sleeve and the wider sleeve will be deeper into the ports that angle up so the ports are lowered so I'll have raise them to compensate - the opposite is true for the intake which is raised and must be lowered - the exhaust is level so no change is needed.
The cc.s 51mm.x38mm. so 5.1cm x 5.1cm.= 26.01 x.25=6.5025 x3.14=20.41785 x3.8cm. = (77.58783cc.) 77.5cc. "11.5cc. MORE FUN!!!"

The wrist pin is lower on the new piston so back to the Suzuki FA50cc. for the rod which is shorter then the China girls rod but longer then the piston's own rod. The Suzuki rod has a roller bearing for the small end as where the piston has a pressed pin ridding two piston bushings. The wrist pin is smaller then the rods small end but to big for the roller bearing so it will need a tight non-floating bushing a pressed fit.
The over all rod and piston length will be 1/8 to 1/16 shorter then stock the top and bottom of the jug will have to be shaved, the piston skirt should clear the the crank at bdc.

Last edited:

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
Made a bushing for the rod's small end fits good in the rod still working on the wrist pin hole to tight gonna have to palish it down some

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Why didn't you just use that superior chainsaw engine, you'ld be riding it now......problem solved?

I guess you're just having too much fun with the project..........right?

dnut

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
Why didn't you just use that superior chainsaw engine, you'ld be riding it now......problem solved?

I guess you're just having too much fun with the project..........right?

dnut
I think you called that one right! A man with tools and parts = lots of fun!

Terry
Well I have a big 131cc. chainsaw engine and that will be a latter build----the bigger cc.top end build is for prototyping I hope to cast bigger and better motors for the MB hobbyist the ducedave "CALIFORNIA GIRL" a real motor USA made I would like it to be the next step for the 2stoke MB.

this is a big job and will have to be done part by part over time for now a bigger piston, steal sleeve,wider tighter squish band and as on my current motor a reed valve intake.
You will be seeing these mods at the racing events as I try to get them done between racing events.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Dave, I see your biggest obstacle in the building of an american made 2-stroke is making it CARB compliant. Just about the time you have the blueprints and are ready for production, the 2-stroke motors that we love and crave will be illegal in California. Sad but probably true.

Don't let that stop you though.....follow your dreams!

dnut

Well I have a big 131cc. chainsaw engine and that will be a latter build----the bigger cc.top end build is for prototyping I hope to cast bigger and better motors for the MB hobbyist the ducedave "CALIFORNIA GIRL" a real motor USA made I would like it to be the next step for the 2stoke MB.

this is a big job and will have to be done part by part over time for now a bigger piston, steal sleeve,wider tighter squish band and as on my current motor a reed valve intake.
You will be seeing these mods at the racing events as I try to get them done between racing events.

Last edited:

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
not for mass production 5-20 a year one man operation and what uncle Sam don't know will not hurt him! what production date would you like on yours? heck they'll be to big to be street legal anyways. I think I'll put casting marks that read "10-63 p#73AQ9 47cc. Finland " how about that LOL it's my mold I can stamp and raise letter what ever I wont how about your name or races# or high school locker combination

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
not for mass production 5-20 a year one man operation and what uncle Sam don't know will not hurt him! what production date would you like on yours? heck they'll be to big to be street legal anyways. I think I'll put casting marks that read "10-63 p#73AQ9 47cc. Finland " how about that LOL it's my mold I can stamp and raise letter what ever I wont how about your name or races# or high school locker combination
That sounds cool but I only build 4-strokes now, thanks just the same.

We'll see ya in the pits in April 2012

dnut

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
Honed out a bore the rings seat good but there's to much play in the piston I should neural the skirts for fit. This is a real use what is on hand assembly, labor's cheap I'm just going with the salve one problem at a time approach no spec sheet make it fit not to tight not to loos check for seal and move on.

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
well I can't get the bore tooled in with what I have here my drill press is not up to the job so I'm going to have to cast a cylinder a green sand mold outer and plaster for the bore and port runners going to look up home chroming kits for the bore- Hay I get to lean two skills -I guess if the jug can't be MODed to work I'll just make one with bigger fins, different ports and a bass that's wider because the displaced transfer ports

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
Wonder what the epa would say about a racing motor for off road use only?
the epa has lost it's mind I like clean air and water as much as the next guy but enough is enough and they well never know what's being built in my back yard-the 66cc is a no go in a lot of places but we ride them any way

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
I've been hung up on figuring out clearance issues- the big end of the Suzuki rod is smaller then the 66cc ht so I founded some roller bearing pins that fit, 31 will fill the space uncaged but they're to long and I wont them caged-so to that end I'll have to cut the pins down and encase them 15 or so with a slotted copper sleeve, this is going to be like rocket surgery the small slots must be at 90*s to to the ends of the sleeve and not over lop the ends tight little cuts- I,ll need a jig tool making time "AGAIN" !!! :-||

This is easier then I thought 1/16in. pilot hole and a Swiss file, slow but easy and I have plenty of time no money but lots and lots of time

Last edited:

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
up date I got the case work out to receive the jug next step is to cut off the head studs flush with the deck and re tap stud holes out as far as possible to allow for a good seal as the studs are to close to the sleeve to seal right now and it will allow for better port placement

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
yer a baaaaaad man an I like that !