Big ride....almost.

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Well, some of you know I built a bike and sold it and I ride it quite often....it's the bike I refer to when I say "The borrowed bike".

I went over to the guys house to borrow it yesterday.....see, he isn't big on maintenance, and thinks this bike needs lots of "check ups". Soooo, I borrow the bike, "go over it" for him, ride and return.

Good arrangement if you ask me.

I went for a big loop, around a whole tank of gas- 70 miles. The first place I stopped was the POW-MIA "monument that a guy around here built. I haven't gotten a photo until yesterday.

After the photo, I saw a van for sale and stopped to check it out. I got attacked by a giant puppy when I went to crawl under it to have a look. At first I thought I was gonna be in a scene out of "Deliverence" with some drunken hillbilly, but it was just a really playful 60 pound puppy.

No one ever did come out of a trailer.

Then the pedal fell off while braking going down a long hill, good thing there was nothing at the bottom but more road. I turn around and rode back, got the pedal and found it was stripped and so was the crank. Funny, I never felt a thing until I hit the brakes.....good reason to ad a front brake guys.

After that I went home. I told the guy I'd bring his bike back today after I fixed it....:(

In fairness to the CIF/Huffy Cranbrook combo- It's the first "problem" with this bike in almost 500 miles of me riding it. I haven't even had to adjust the chain!

Maybe another time?

Attachments

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The fenders are junk. I threw the rear one away, and mounted the front one on the rear after I drilled the "rivets" out and used aircraft grade rivets.