Take it to a chop shop?

GoldenMotor.com

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
Hey guys.

I've been working for the past 3 weeks on my new Grubee GT5 Schwinn Cruiser to try and get it to work.

I have a nice #41 chain and Manic Mechanic fitted hub mount, but even so, when I tried to ride, it worked until the chain locked up, the master link flew off, the Drive sprock broke it's teeth (well, only one), and I really don't know what to do. Most I've ridden it is 30ft, and then all that happened.

The problem is that the actual Engine does not line up in the frame.

So, I suppose these are my solutions:

1) File, cut, grind, and fill in those mounts with JB weld. It would be pretty drastic, and messy. The engine is pretty far out of whack.

2) Make measurements with calipers, draw up new mounts on autocad, and go get them machined for me in a shop (will shops machine stuff for me like that?), and HOPE that they turn out good!

3) There is a chop shop nearby that builds bikes, fixes bikes, and machines parts. They say that "no job is too small". I think I am just going to take it there and have them machine me new mounts. Waiting on a quote from them though.
What else can I do?

I've put over $600 into this project, and if I can't ride it, I'm in deep.

Any help? You guys are great!

EDIT: I contacted Green Dragon Motorized Bicycles, they really couldn't do much for me.

Last edited:

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
I don't know a lot but I put my second motor in myself. I started with a square rear mount to place my motor.

I used the Sick mount.