Will a motor fit this frame?

GoldenMotor.com

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
I held a motor up to the screen and it was way bigger than that bike!

Seriously though it's hard to answer this type of question without actual measurements. At a guess I would say it would be a tight fit at best and might not be possible. My guess is based on the water bottle eyelets (which would be in the way but could be worked around). If only there was a motor template available somewhere where a person could print it and check.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I held a motor up to the screen and it was way bigger than that bike!

Seriously though it's hard to answer this type of question without actual measurements. At a guess I would say it would be a tight fit at best and might not be possible. My guess is based on the water bottle eyelets (which would be in the way but could be worked around). If only there was a motor template available somewhere where a person could print it and check.
Thanks for the reply. I've figured out that it will fit, but the carb will have an issue.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The vibes I get from this bike tell me it's going to be a racer, so I guess I'll be installing the sb pipe I bought last year.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Kewl, good to know it'll fit. I think you can use copper pipe fittings like a 45 degree elbow to add an angle to your carb intake and offset it to the side a little. It looks like you could also change the engine angle a bit to make that intake truely horizontal, which would maybe give you more room, though you might have to reverse the cylindar head 180 degrees (which is ok) to make it fit.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Yeah it was just setting there. That motor is not going in my bike, it belongs to my friend Corinne.

I was thinking about a copper 45 and some heater hose. The only thing I know for sure is I'll be able to make it work somehow.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Could fit a couple COX .049 engines in there, the trouble is getting them to run in sync and the drive train could be problematic :D

That's a pretty tight fit there....

dnut

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Could fit a couple COX .049 engines in there, the trouble is getting them to run in sync and the drive train could be problematic :D

That's a pretty tight fit there....

dnut
The bike is tiny. The Atomic BB seems like a bus in comparison lol.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'd tip that motor back and spin that slant head around, but that's just me.

dnut
Yeah in the picture it's just sitting there. There was a screw for the water bottle in the way, so it's not sitting right. I'll fix it, but first I got to build a bike for someone else. That's their motor. I was just testing.

It looks like it would be better with the plug pointing forward, or a center plug might be even better.