New Whizzer Clutch?

GoldenMotor.com

lobsterboyx

Dec 20, 2008
Los Angeles
Its been a long time since i last posted, but hey - I havent been riding much either.

I have a heavy class load at my univ. most of my classes this quarter are held in an offsite shop that does not have any parking, instead of endangering my 50' bsa in the street and a starbucks parking lot, id rather ride my whizzer or "80cc" - so i looked in to making my whizzer a bit more rideable after my engine mods. to make a long story short -

I found this clutch that looks pretty legit, my one complaint about the original setup of my 05 was the clutch...

found these..

The new clutch kit fits Whizzer motorbikes - eBay (item 220611249605 end time Feb-18-11 16:28:29 PST)

quinten? any info?

my bike for reference...

Last edited:

D4NK

Jan 24, 2011
Torrance, CA
Wow amazing whizzer. I love your style and mods.

I hate the thumb lever clutch on the recent models. It sounds like that would be a great solution to your problem especially for your bike (not having a left side lever as it is) but in the description it doesn't sound like it includes a locking clutch to ride it like a normal bike, when out of gas/ stranded. For that price I would think something that simple should be included. I would message the seller and ask about including the locking lever and maybe even the double brake pull lever. A locking clutch lever and a double brake lever is less than $20 anywhere else online, they would be dumb to deny a sale for that much.

Fossil

Mar 15, 2008
Guthriesville Pa
The main reason I would NOT use that clutch is because you have to drill two holes in the bike frame to mount the thing. Also it is an untested item designed by the man who made most of the engineering mistakes on the Whizzer WC-1, NE5, Ambassador, and NE-R. Because of him the current Whizzer USA Company is no longer selling new bikes.

I wouldn't even consider using his "latest & greatest" as engineering isn't one of his better strong points.

I noticed your bike is using the manual clutch, and is very easy to make work much better. Because "someone" didn't translate the information correctly from the vintage whizzer to the new edition version, the arm is too long! The arm is actually in between belt sizes [remember this problem was brought to you by the same person "hawking" the solution], and makes adjusting it difficult.

Best solution is to find the CORRECT length belt, one that won't rub the lower front belt cover mounting stud, yet still grip at higher speeds.

Try finding a automotive "wedge" belt such as 15285, and re-adjust the clutch cable. The automotive belt isn't as wide as the FHP belt and will set slightly lower in the pulleys [will make the bike take off a little easier] and will loosen enough to allow the bike to stop without killing the motor.

BTW the FHP belt [4L290] is a poor choice for the primary belt on a Whizzer [the vintage Whizzers used a notched AX series belt]. I use the AX27 on my new edition Whizzers running the automatic clutch.

Have fun,