cover your legs or you may get burnt

GoldenMotor.com

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
make sure you cover your legs while riding , i went for a 35 min cruise stoped at gas station to pickup a drink , felt my leg a little stinging , i rubbed it and 2 layers of skin peeled off , barlly felt it and 4 days later today , it still doesnt hurt much at all , been trying my best to keep it clean ect , just a note to all that burns can happen ! :)

Attachments

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
I have burnt myself on my motor too but i felt it the instant my leg touched it(I was wearing shorts) it sucks when you burn yourself, it has only happened to me twice.
how did you get burned that low on the leg? exhaust? I burned myself on the motor.
these china girls like to run real hot (I like it hot) lol

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
i was in shorts as well , i had my leg leg hi up on the pedal and leaned towards the bike i guess while i was turing aruond to look behind me :)

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
No I don't but it don't hurt or sting at all anymore as it's scabing over just feels a little weird in morning as u stretch it pulls the scab. A bit. Least it don't hurt just looks really bad

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
actually it was the head of the motor i touched:)
My motor bike I am building I am sitting further back from the engine using a banana seat. No pedals anymore as it is for off roading. I just have to see about getting some covers over the routed exhaust manifold to the muffler under the seat an out the back. I will probably have perforated metal cover to avoid getting burned while on the bike. This and covers for moving parts, chain belt sprocket pulley jackshaft etc I need to do as well. I built a motor bike a 1/4 century ago and never did get burned then using it, but had a tangle with an automobile making a right turn not seeing me. I only laid the bike down after 20 feet after the turn. Scary, just now I'm in a situation where I can put the motor bike in an auto mobile to get it to an off roading area.

Anyone know of spark arrestors that are needed to comply with various State of BLM Fed off roading, where to get them and what engines they are good for?
.shft.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
ex-28,
My son got burned recently on his dirtbike, I guess it was leaking a bit of gas, one backfire "poof" he had the forsight to jump in a pond to extinguish the blaze, took him to the ER, 2nd and 3rd degree, I am certainly not a doctor, (I just keep them in business) be careful about infection, they prescribed silverdine, a cream especially for burns, might wanna consider getting some. P.s., I have a burn too, shorts, same story... what was I thinking

Mac

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
i'm turning 36 , and still do stupid things , was working on bike last night had the carb off and for some stupid reason i felt the need to blow into the bottom tube , gas flew out the back where it connects and flew right in my left eye, instantlly i ran to the bathroom and flushed it for 5 min with water , it was red for about 20 min then cleared up all ok now , but ya you never know what can happen , hehe on my way to the bathroom all that ran through my mind was googling gas in eyes .

anyways ya , i'm verry far from acciident prone but things just happen
:)

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I did the gas in the eye trick once. An instant rumble to the sink is no lie! Just as good as the Kicken Chicken dance!

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Hey, If I'm not getting embarassed on a regular basis, I'm not paying attention, I was under my chevelle convertable, looking for a fuel leak, I found it with my ear, that hurt really bad, too lazy to jack it up

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Ouch! I don't suppose you have an aloe plant in the back yard?
Hehhe, I have a whole slew of Aloe Vera plants in my backyard but they are just an after-fix.
I always ride in shorts this time of year and haven't burned my legs (except sunburn), but I have sure burnt the heck out of my right hand trying to put a thrown chain back on.
Burns really stink anywhere, just a little more evident when you irritate it all the time.

You are scabbing so as long it's not an infected looking yellow scab you'll be back to normal in no time ;-}