1999 Whizzer

GoldenMotor.com
Hi CoastalCruiser,

The 1999 were one of the best models as far as the actual bicycle part. The 1999 have the same WC-1 motor used until the 2005 NE model.

Almost all WC-1 motors will suffer the same problem, loose valve seats. I have heard rumors that a few WC-1 motors made it above 500 miles prior to the seats working loose, but I have never personally seen one. Most of the motors stop running before 500 miles [most of mine quit between 350 and 400 miles].

The only cure is to upgrade to the later NE cylinder & head. I spent thousands of dollars trying to fix the WC-1 motors, and so did many others. The problem is mainly due to the grade of aluminum used and the very high operating temperatures. The later NE cylinders have much larger fins and the seats are installed during the casting process, as opposed the "pressed" in seats of the WC-1 units.

The average cost of the upgrade is approx $400.00, however the motor will become "bullet proof" after the upgrade.

BE VERY CAREFUL because there are repair parts on EBAY that are pure junk and only make matters worse. The best place to find the needed parts is via an authorized Whizzer dealer or Whizzer USA.

You are welcome to contact me directly via phone or email for more details
252-475-0406, [email protected]
Have fun,

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Hey CoastalCruiser,
My 99 made it to about 100 miles. After upgrading it like Quenton says it runs great!! Cruises great at 45 mph, with a top speed of just over 50. One nice thing about a Whizzer is you get a title. Don't buy it if they don't have a title.
Jay

Attachments

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
I'm not at all interested in buying a Whizzer at this time. What i saw on eBay was just an engine and other parts. I mainly posted this to bring it to the atteintion of anybody else interested in it. $450 for the engine and another $450 for Q Parts is $900 too much for a < than 2 HP antique flat head engine. You are welcome to it! :)

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Those Whizzer eplacement engines (out of Taiwan) that are showing up on eBay are the culmination of twelve years of engineering mistakes and manufacturing blunders all rolled up into a tidy 138cc hand grenade. I wouldn't touch one.

Rob

Jul 5, 2010
Maryland
Good stuff, I have learned volumes here. Very happy I came across this. So if I get a whizzer for the enjoyment of having a whizzer, and because my dad loved his which he ran 2 paper routes before school to get in 1947, I will have the enjoyment of such a bike. But I might be looking at over $1k for a working one with upgraded parts, or need to factor in another $400 if it's not upgraded.

Matthew Bogacz

Dec 1, 2018
Hey CoastalCruiser,
My 99 made it to about 100 miles. After upgrading it like Quenton says it runs great!! Cruises great at 45 mph, with a top speed of just over 50. One nice thing about a Whizzer is you get a title. Don't buy it if they don't have a title.
Jay[/Q